Bryan Lee O'Malley
|Bryan Lee O'Malley|
O'Malley in 2010
February 21, 1979 |
London, Ontario, Canada
|Area(s)||Cartoonist, Writer, Artist|
|Scott Pilgrim, Lost At Sea|
Doug Wright Award
Joe Shuster Award
Prior to having his own material published, O'Malley illustrated the Oni Press miniseries Hopeless Savages: Ground Zero, written by Jen Van Meter. He also lettered many Oni comics, including the majority of Chynna Clugston's output between 2002 and 2005.
His first original graphic novel was Lost at Sea (2003). On July 20, 2010, he released the sixth and final volume for the Scott Pilgrim series (2004–2010). All have been published by Oni Press. In July 2014 his graphic novel Seconds was released by Ballantine Books.
O'Malley created the cover art work for 2012 videogame Fez.
- 2005 Doug Wright Award for Best Emerging Talent
- 2005 Harvey Award nominations for Best New Talent, Best Cartoonist, and Best Graphic Album of Original Work
- 2005 Eagle Awards nomination for Favourite Comics Writer/Artist; Scott Pilgrim vs. the World nominated for Favourite Graphic Novel
- 2006 Eisner Award nomination for Best Writer/Artist: Humor
- 2006 Joe Shuster Award for Outstanding Canadian Comic Book Cartoonist (Writer/Artist).
- 2006 Scott Pilgrim Volume 2 nominated for Doug Wright Award for Best Book
- 2010 Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe Eisner Award for Best Humor Publication
- 2010 Harvey Award Special Award for Humor In Comics
- Lost at Sea (2003, ISBN 1-929998-71-6)
- Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life (2004, ISBN 1-932664-08-4)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (2005, ISBN 1-932664-12-2)
- Scott Pilgrim & The Infinite Sadness (2006, ISBN 1-932664-22-X)
- Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together (2007, ISBN 9781932664492)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The Universe (2009, ISBN 1-934964-10-7)
- Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour (2010, ISBN 978-1-934964-38-5)
- Seconds (2014, ISBN 978-0-345529-37-4)
- "Lost At Sea", a two-page full-color comic in the Oni Press Color Special 2002
- "Monica Beetle" in Project: Superior (ISBN 0-9721794-8-8)
- "Smiling Is Something Other People Do", in The SPX 2003 Anthology (ISBN 0-9721794-3-7)
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (August 2010)|
Credited as Kupek
- This is Intolerable (2002)
- Nameless, Faceless Compilation (2004)
- Awkward Songz (2005 (split album w/ Faux Photos))
- Before the Beginning and After the End (2006)
- B is for Bupek: Miscellany by Kupek (2007)
- Tries Again (2008)
- Good Time Singles Club (2009)
- "National Post bio of O'Malley". Arts.nationalpost.com. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- Franich, Darren (2010-07-02). "Entertainment Weekly article about the film's release". Popwatch.ew.com. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- Perpetua, Matthew (2010-08-12). "Interview With Scott Pilgrim Creator Bryan Lee O’Malley!". Retrieved 2014-10-24.
- McAlpin, Gordon (May 24, 2006). "An Interview with Bryan Lee O’Malley". Retrieved October 11, 2010.
- Lee, Adrian (July 18, 2014). "Scott Pilgrim grows up". Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- 2005 Doug Wright Awards Nominees[dead link]
- "2005 Harvey Award Nominees". Harveyawards.org. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- 2005 Eagle Award Nominees[dead link]
- "2006 Eisner Award Nominees". Comic-con.org. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "2006 Joe Shuster Award Winners". Joeshusterawards.com. 2009-09-30. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- 2006 Doug Wright Awards Nominees[dead link]
- "2010 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards Winners". Comic-con.org. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- "Here's your sneak peek at the Scott Pilgrim creator's new comic". Retrieved December 21, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bryan Lee O'Malley.|
- Official website
- Kupek at PureVolume
- Bryan Lee O'Malley at the Grand Comics Database
- Bryan Lee O'Malley at the Internet Movie Database