Bryan Lee O'Malley (born 21 February 1979) is a Canadian cartoonist, best known for the Scott Pilgrim series. He is also a musician using the alias Kupek.
O'Malley creating an illustration.
||This section requires expansion. (December 2009)
Bryan Lee O'Malley started in Film Studies at the University of Western Ontario, but dropped out before completing.
Prior to having his own material published, O'Malley illustrated the Oni Press miniseries Hopeless Savages: Ground Zero, written by Jen Van Meter. He also lettered many Oni comics, including the majority of Chynna Clugston's output between 2002 and 2005.
His first original graphic novel was Lost at Sea (2003). On July 20, 2010, he released the sixth and final volume for the Scott Pilgrim series (2004–2010). All have been published by Oni Press. In 2011, his next graphic novel, Seconds, was officially confirmed. O'Malley created the cover art work for 2012 videogame Fez.
The film adaptation of his Scott Pilgrim series, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, directed and co-written by Edgar Wright, was released by Universal Pictures on August 13, 2010.
He is also a songwriter and musician (as Kupek and formerly in several short-lived Toronto bands such as Imperial Otter).
Personal life 
O'Malley is half Korean and half French-Canadian. He is married to cartoonist Hope Larson. In 2010 he and Larson moved from North Carolina to Los Angeles.
- 2005 Doug Wright Award for Best Emerging Talent
- 2005 Harvey Award nominations for Best New Talent, Best Cartoonist, and Best Graphic Album of Original Work
- 2005 Eagle Awards nomination for Favourite Comics Writer/Artist; Scott Pilgrim vs. the World nominated for Favourite Graphic Novel
- 2006 Eisner Award nomination for Best Writer/Artist: Humor
- 2006 Joe Shuster Award for Outstanding Canadian Comic Book Cartoonist (Writer/Artist).
- 2006 Scott Pilgrim Volume 2 nominated for Doug Wright Award for Best Book
- 2010 Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe Eisner Award for Best Humor Publication
- 2010 Harvey Award Special Award for Humor In Comics
Graphic novels 
Short stories 
Bryan Lee O'Malley in 2012
Credited as Kupek
- This is Intolerable (2002)
- Nameless, Faceless Compilation (2004)
- Awkward Songz (2005 (split album w/ Faux Photos))
- Before the Beginning and After the End (2006)
- B is for Bupek: Miscellany by Kupek (2007)
- Tries Again (2008)
- Good Time Singles Club (2009)
External links