|Motto: Geographical center of ARKANSAS"|
|Saline County and the state of Arkansas|
|• Total||9.1 sq mi (23.6 km2)|
|• Land||9.1 sq mi (23.5 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||413 ft (126 m)|
|• Density||1,073/sq mi (413.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||72022, 72089|
|GNIS feature ID||0057459|
Bryant is a city in Saline County, Arkansas, United States and a suburb of Little Rock. According to 2005 Census Bureau estimates, the population of the city was 13,185. It is part of the Little Rock–North Little Rock–Conway Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Bryant also was the only town in Arkansas to be chosen for Money Magazine's Top 100 Best Places to Live 2009, ranking number 86.
Bryant is located at (34.613518, -92.491464).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 9.1 square miles (24 km2), of which, 9.1 square miles (24 km2) of it is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) of it (0.33%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 9,764 people, 3,601 households, and 2,823 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,076.4 people per square mile (415.6/km²). There were 3,762 housing units at an average density of 414.7 per square mile (160.1/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 95.2% White, 1.5% Black or African American, 0.34% Native American, 1.05% Asian, 0.37% from other races, and 0.84% from two or more races. 1.05% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 3,601 households out of which 42.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.9% were married couples living together, 11.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.6% were non-families. 19.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.65 and the average family size was 3.03.
In the city the population was spread out with 27.9% under the age of 18, 7.1% from 18 to 24, 32.7% from 25 to 44, 21.8% from 45 to 64, and 10.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 89.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 86.5 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $48,870, and the median income for a family was $56,038. Males had a median income of $39,380 versus $26,261 for females. The per capita income for the city was $20,730. About 3.5% of families and 4.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.1% of those under age 18 and 8.0% of those age 65 or over.
Bryant purchases treated surface water from Lake Maumelle and Lake Winona from Central Arkansas Water.
Government and infrastructure
- "Annual Estimates of the Population for All Incorporated Places in Arkansas" (CSV). 2005 Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division. June 21, 2006. Retrieved November 16, 2006.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Community-based program directory." Arkansas Department of Human Services. Retrieved on August 30, 2010. "Arkansas Juvenile Assessment and Treatment Center 1501 Woody Drive Alexander, AR 72002"
- "Bryant city, Arkansas." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on August 30, 2010.
- "Post Office™ Location - BRYANT." U.S. Postal Service. Retrieved on March 1, 2011.