Bubba Shot the Jukebox
|"Bubba Shot the Jukebox"|
|Single by Mark Chesnutt|
|from the album Longnecks & Short Stories|
|B-side||"Blame It on Texas"|
|Released||September 15, 1992|
|Mark Chesnutt singles chronology|
"Bubba Shot the Jukebox" is a song written by Dennis Linde, and recorded by American country music singer Mark Chesnutt. It was released in September 1992 as the third single from his album Longnecks & Short Stories. It peaked at number 4 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart and at number 14 on the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart.
The song is an uptempo, in which a man named Bubba shoots a jukebox when he hears a song that makes him cry, which causes a scene. Bubba is taken to jail.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||14|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||21|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||4|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 92. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- AOL Music profile for "Bubba Shot the Jukebox"
- Randall, Alice et al. (2006). My Country Roots: The Ultimate MP3 Guide to America's Original Outsider Music. Thomas Nelson Inc. p. 79. ISBN 1-59555-860-8.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1864." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. November 28, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Mark Chesnutt Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for Mark Chesnutt.
- "Mark Chesnutt Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Mark Chesnutt.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|