|Created by||Jonny Belt and Robert Scull|
|Opening theme||"Bubble Guppies!"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||56 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||22–23 minutes; Movies: 45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Wild Brain (Season 1)
Nelvana (Season 2-present)
Special Agent Productions
Nickelodeon Animation Studios
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i (2011–present)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1 (2011–present) (NTSC)|
|Original run||January 24, 2011– Present|
Bubble Guppies is an American preschool children's television series produced for Nickelodeon and created by Jonny Belt and Robert Scull. The series is produced by using Autodesk Maya 3D software and revolves around the underwater adventures of a group of merperson preschoolers. The program premiered on Monday, January 24, 2011 as part Nickelodeon's block, The Play Date.
The Guppies live in the fictional underwater city of Bubbletucky.
All episodes follow a similar format. The episode starts with an introduction by Molly, saying "Hi, it's me, Molly, and it's time for-" only to be stopped by Gil performing an act related to the episode's subject. One of the two then states "It's time for Bubble Guppies!", and the theme song plays. After the theme song, the Little Fish says the episode's name then they play hide and seek.
An event may occur when one or more characters is proceeding to school. For example: Avi breaks his tail in "Call a Clambulance!" when Oona was going to school. Afterwards, the school day begins with all the Bubble Guppies saying "Good morning, Mr. Grouper!" Later, a Guppie tells Mr. Grouper about the earlier experience. He suggests, "Let's think about it," and the characters discuss the topic. A song follows, focusing on the episode's main topic.
Emphasizing the importance of time, a character may ask, "What time is it?" This is often followed by an answer from Mr. Grouper who might say, "It's time to go outside," followed by the "outside song".
One of the Guppies may go to a shop that mostly focuses on the topic (example: a doctor's office in "Call a Clambulance!"). The owner of the shop (played by another one of the Guppies) will ask questions about what he or she needs. Jokes and silly responses will eventually lead to the correct necessity.
Mr. Grouper will eventually ask, "What time is it?" in a call-and-response pattern, with the Guppies responding, "It's time for lunch!" three times.
At lunch, three of the characters make a food joke about the subject of the episode (example: Molly gets pizza and a banana, Oona gets a sandwich and a cookie, and Deema gets a sandwich and an ice cream "sun"-dae in The Moon Rocks!). (Note: In almost every episode after the lunch segment, the little fish say the transition quote "That's silly!" or "That's ridiculous!" after repeating the lunch joke.) After lunch, another Gil and Molly sketch is shown.
The Guppies do something fun which can determine another important character and leads Mr. Grouper talking more about the topic, which leads into a dancing song. The order of the songs varies from episode to episode. The Guppies act out a story about the topic, interfered with Adobe Flash-animated graphics. After, Gil and Molly do another sketch.
The Guppies may go on a field trip that focuses on the topic. This may focus on a problem shown earlier and involves the key characters. The show concludes with a sketch by Gil and Molly and a reprise of the theme song, before cutting to the credits which includes a song played earlier in that episode.
In 2013, a New York Post cartoon critic pointed out that children who are too young to understand words, much less the plot, are mesmerized by the show.
List of characters
- Molly (Brianna Gentilella), is a guppy girl with a caring personality. She is a co-host of the show with Gil and is a natural leader of the group. She has long pink hair, brown eyes, light brown skin, a swirly bikini top, and a blue swirly tail. Molly appears alongside Gil in the transitional segments, where she aids Gil in hopes that problems won't arise.
- Gil (Zachary Gordon season 1-2, Jacob Bertrand season 3-present), is a guppy boy with a silly personality. He has blue hair, blue eyes, white skin, and a green camouflage tail. Gil gets scared easily, and appears alongside Molly in the transitional segments. In those segments, Gil often attempts to do something but with unexpected results.
- Goby (Jelani Imani season 1-2, Marlek Walker season 3-present, sung by Christopher Borger), is a guppy boy with an imaginative personality. He has indigo hair, brown eyes, brown skin, and a purple/blue wavy tail.
- Deema (Angelina Wahler season 1-2, Grace Kaufman season 3-present, sung in all seasons by Grace Kaufman), is a guppy girl with a zany personality. She has yellow curly hair, blue eyes, orange earrings, and an orange/yellow spotted bikini top and tail. Deema has a wild imagination and often plays the role of shopkeeper in the "store" segments.
- Oona (Reyna Shaskan season 1-2, Tori Feinstein season 3-present), is a guppy girl with a sweet personality. She has purple hair in two pigtails with a purple star shaped clip, yellowish skin, brown eyes, and a purple/pink striped tail. Oona is the only female Bubble Guppy whose tail is attached to her top.
- Nonny (Eamon Pirruccello season 1-2, Jet Jurgensmeyr season 3-present), is an intelligent guppy boy. He has orange hair, green eyes, a blue scuba mask (his glasses), and a green striped tail. He doesn't smile as often as the others. He is the most polite and mature member of the group. He is smart and helps Deema with big and little words and helps his friends answer their questions. Nonny seems to not show a great difference between his feelings.
- Bubble Puppy (Frank Welker) is Gil's pet puppy. He has orange and white fur and a green collar with a yellow fish license.
- Mr. Grouper (Tino Insana, sung by Chris Phillips) is the Guppies' teacher. He is an orange and yellow fish, and can change colors. Mr. Grouper respects the kids imaginations, ideas, and suggestions. He always helps the kids understand the subject of each episode by "thinking about it."
- Little Fish (Skai Jackson season 1-2, Mia Vavasseur season 3-present) are a trio of fish that look alike and frequently answer questions that are put to the home audience by the main characters.
- Crabs, Lobsters & Snails (Chris Phillips, Candi Milo) are extra characters often seen doing activities in the background or making cameos.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
|Material from the associated project or article page was split to List of Bubble Guppies episodes on [url of diff of copying the material October 2014]. The page history of the associated project or article page now serves as the attribution history for part of the contents of that page.|
||It has been suggested that this article be split into multiple articles accessible from a disambiguation page. (October 2014)|
|Season||Episodes||Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||20||January 24, 2011||October 24, 2011|
|2||19||November 4, 2011||May 2, 2013|
|3||26||August 12, 2013|
Season 1 (2011)
|No. in series||No. in season||Episode title||Original air date|
|1||1||"Call A Clambulance (pilot)"||January 24, 2011|
|Oona's friend Avi breaks a bone in his tail.|
|2||2||"The Crayon Prix!"||January 25, 2011|
|The Bubble Guppies race in different colored cars as a lesson on colors.|
|3||3||"Bubble Puppy!"||January 26, 2011|
|Gil gets a new pet - Bubble Puppy!|
|4||4||"Build Me a Building!"||January 27, 2011|
|The Bubble Guppies build a doghouse for Bubble Puppy.|
|5||5||"Ducks in a Row!"||January 31, 2011|
|The Bubble Guppies watch a marching band, but a duck interrupts the band. So, Nonny ends up leading the band.|
|6||6||"The Grumpfish Special!"||February 1, 2011|
|The Bubble Guppies deal with Mr. Grumpfish,a difficult customer, at their restaurant.|
|7||7||"The Moon Rocks!"||February 2, 2011|
|The Bubble Guppies watch a planetarium show.|
|8||8||"Who's Gonna Play the Big Bad Wolf?"||February 3, 2011|
|Deema fills in for a sick actor at a play of the "Three Little Pigs."|
|9||9||"We Totally Rock!"||February 28, 2011|
|After Goby and Gil watch a rock band perform, the Bubble Guppies start their own band.|
|10||10||"Fishketball!"||March 1, 2011|
|The Bubble Guppies practice bouncing, throwing, catching, and playing together as a team to prepare for a game of fishketball.|
|11||11||"The Legend of Pinkfoot"||March 2, 2011|
|Mr. Grouper tells the Bubble Guppies a spooky campfire story.|
|12||12||"Gup, Gup and Away!"||March 3, 2011|
|The Bubble Guppies learn about taking off in a plane.|
|13||13||"The Spring Chicken is Coming!"||April 15, 2011|
|In order for spring to officially arrive, the Bubble Guppies must grow a flower for the Spring Chicken.|
|14||14||"Boy Meets Squirrel"||April 22, 2011|
|'The Bubble Guppies learn about trees when Nonny befriends a squirrel.|
|15||15||"Have A Cow!"||May 6, 2011|
|The Bubble Guppies go to the farm to watch a cow have a baby.|
|16||16||"Super Shrimptennial Celebration!"||September 19, 2011|
|It's the Shrimptennial Celebration in the Big Bubble City and the Bubble Guppies visit.|
|17||17||"Happy Clam Day!"||September 20, 2011|
|The Bubble Guppies have to learn about the mail so they can send invitations to a party for Clam.|
|18||18||"Can You Dig It?"||September 21, 2011|
|Nonny uncovers a Triceratops skeleton at an archaeological dig.|
|19||19||"Bubble Bites!"||September 22, 2011|
|The Bubble Guppies go to the supermarket and race another shopper to get a dog food called "Bubble Bites."|
|20||20||"Haunted House Party"||October 24, 2011|
|The Bubble Guppies celebrate Halloween by having a party at the haunted house.|
Season 2 (2011-2013)
|No. in series||No. in season||Episode title||Original air date||U.S Viewers
|21||1||"X Marks the Spot"||November 4, 2011||N/A|
|The Bubble Guppies help a pirate find buried treasure.|
|22||2||""Happy Holidays, Mr. Grumpfish!""||December 9, 2011||1.4|
|In this parody of Christmas specials, the Bubble Guppies assume different careers and teach Mr. Grumpfish the true meaning of the holidays.|
|23||3||"The Lonely Rhino"||February 10, 2012||1.7|
|The Bubble Guppies help find Monty the rhino a friend at the zoo.|
|24||4||"Bubble Puppy's Fintastic Fairy Tale"||February 19, 2012||N/A|
|NOTE: Hour-Long Special|
|25||5||"The Cowgirl Parade"||March 9, 2012||N/A|
|Molly wants to be a cowgirl like her idol, Dusty the cowgirl.|
|26||6||"Firefighter Gil to the Rescue!"||March 23, 2012||1.8|
|After being rescued by the firefighters Gil rescues the Fire Department after their fire dog chased a squirrel.|
|27||7||"A Tooth on the Looth"||May 4, 2012||1.6|
|Deema is excited for the Tooth Fairy to come so she can get a reward for her loose tooth.|
|28||8||"Humunga-Truck!"||May 15, 2012||N/A|
|The guppies are invited to go see a truck show.|
|29||9||"Check It Out!"||September 7, 2012||N/A|
|Gil gets magically transported inside his favorite books in an attempt to find his library card.|
|30||10||"The Beach Ball!"||September 17, 2012||1.4|
|Molly hopes to become beach queen at the Beach Ball, but so does her friend Sandy (voiced by guest star Nika Futterman.)|
|31||11||"The Sizzling Scampinis"||September 18, 2012||N/A|
|The guppies are invited to go to a circus to perform.|
|32||12||"Construction Psyched"||September 19, 2012||N/A|
|Goby must retrace his steps to find his lost toy at a construction site.|
|33||13||"Bubble-Cadabra"||September 20, 2012||1.4|
|Molly and Gil become magicians to make an elephant disappear after Gil makes a magician disappear.|
|34||14||"Bubble Duckies"||January 22, 2013||N/A|
|Molly and Gil help a duckling named Beep and his family navigate themselves through a storm cloud.|
|35||15||"Triple Track Train Race"||January 24, 2013||1.6|
|Ol' Number 9 is competing in a triple track train race.|
|36||16||"Only the Sphinx Nose"||March 11, 2013||N/A|
|The Bubble Guppies find out how the Sphinx lost its nose.|
|37||17||"Sir Nonny The Nice"||March 13, 2013||1.6|
|Nonny wants to become a real knight.|
|38||18||"Bring on the Bugs!"||April 29, 2013||N/A|
|The Bubble Guppies get to march in a big bug parade.|
|39||19||"Good Hair Day"||May 2, 2013||1.9|
|Gil gets a haircut for the first time.|
Season 3 (2013–2015)
|Episode title||Original air date|
|40||1||"Get Ready for School"||August 12, 2013|
|Oona's friend Avi is worried about starting school for the first time. The Bubble Guppies demonstrate how much fun school can be to mollify Avi.|
|41||2||"The Police Cop-etition!"||September 6, 2013|
|Officer Miranda teaches Gil and the other kids how to be police officers and use laws to keep people safe.|
|42||3||"The Elephant Trunk-a-Dunk"||September 23, 2013|
|The Bubble Guppies watch elephants playing basketball.|
|43||4||"The Super Ballet Bowl"||September 25, 2013|
|The Bubble Guppies watch a ballet tournament resembling the Super Bowl.|
|44||5||"The Wizard of Oz-tralia"||October 15, 2013|
|The Bubble Guppies star in a parody of "The Wizard of Oz" relating to Australia.|
|45||6||"The Arctic Life"||October 17, 2013|
|Gil navigates across the Arctic and the other Guppies learn about Arctic animals along the way.|
|46||7||"Puppy Love"||November 8, 2013|
|Bubble Puppy is sick! The Bubble Guppies head to the vet in hopes that he'll return to health.|
|47||8||"The Puppy and the Ring"||December 5, 2013|
|NOTE: Hour-long Special|
|48||9||"The Amusement Parking Lot!"||February 26, 2014|
|The Bubble Guppies take a drive in Mr. Grouper's car in an amusement parking lot, with fun and exciting tracks and cool amusement park-like rides for cars to drive on.|
|49||10||"Good Morning, Mr. Grumpfish!"||February 28, 2014|
|NOTE: Musical Special While Mr. Grouper is at the dentist and has a dentist appointment, He gets Mr. Grumpfish to look after the kids. Problems arise when this tough substitute teacher claims he doesn't like anything! So, the Bubble Guppies recap on the best songs from Season 1 and show him that there are things to like.|
|50||11||"The Oyster Bunny"||April 14, 2014|
|The Bubble Guppies learn about baby animals and the mystical Oyster Bunny.|
|51||12||"The Unidentified Flying Orchestra!"||May 20, 2014|
|The Bubble Guppies are excited when they get to perform with an orchestra! Soon, a flying saucer appears. The conductor leaves to get his camera so he can take a picture of the flying saucer, but there's nobody to conduct due to this! Eventually...an alien conductor soon comes out of the flying saucer and conducts the orchestra.|
|52||13||"Come to Your Senses!"||May 22, 2014|
|Nonny breaks his glasses before school and can't see a thing! So, he learns about how to use his five senses to "see" without using his eyes. Eventually, he harnesses the powers of taste, touch, sight, hearing, and smell to navigate around a shopping mall in search of the glasses store so he can retrieve his glasses after they've been fixed.|
|53||14||"The Bubble Bee-athalon!"||September 2, 2014|
|The Bubble Guppies become bees while living with the bees' life. They turn nectar into honey which is a lot of teamwork. The kids have to work together to make honey for the queen bee's teatime.|
|54||15||"Party at Sea!"||September 3, 2014|
|The Bubble Guppies go for an adventure on the Party boat but, an ice ball falls into the ocean and the Guppies have to save the boat!|
|55||16||"Bubble Scrubbies!"||September 23, 2014|
|The Bubble Guppies are looking into hygiene while Mr. Grouper is nurturing his cold. The Guppies put on a parody of the Soaps General Hospital.|
|56||17||"Swimtastic Check-Up!"||September 25, 2014|
|The Mayor gets a stomach ache while training the Bubbletucky Marathon, so they decided to have a marathon in the hospital.|
Season 4 (2015)
Grace Kaufman confirmed on Twitter that a fourth season of Bubble Guppies is currently in production.
- Genzlinger, Neil (January 23, 2011). "Splish Splash: Fantastical Fish Tales". New York Times.
- Bryson, Carey. "Bubble Guppies – TV Show Review for Parents". About.com:Kids, Movies & TV. About.com. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- "Bubble Guppies". TV.com. CBS Interactive. Retrieved August 29, 2012.
- "News". New York Post. July 9, 2014. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "About the Cast". Retrieved August 29, 2012.
- Big First Year for Disney Junior Block on Disney Channel
- Friday Cable Ratings: 'Gold Rush' Still Tops + 'Bering Sea Gold,' 'Spartacus: Vengeance,' 'Smackdown!,' 'Merlin' & More
- Disney Junior's 'Doc McStuffins' Opens as the #1 Preschool Series Launch in Cable TV History in A18-49
- Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs + 'WWE Raw', 'Bad Girls Club', 'Basketball Wives', 'American Chopper' & More
- Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night Football' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Switched at Birth', 'Major Crimes', 'Bad Girls Club', 'Perception' & More
- Thursday Cable Ratings: Football, 'Awkward', 'Project Runway', 'Impractical Jokers', 'The Daily Show', 'Braxton Family Values' & More
- Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Buckwild' Wins Again, + 'Archer', 'Suits', 'The Daily Show', 'King of the Nerds' & More
- Wednesday Cable Ratings: 'Duck Dynasty' Dominates + 'Psych', 'Workaholics', NBA Basketball, 'The Americans' & More
- Wednesday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Win Night, 'Psych', 'Mythbusters', 'The Real World', 'The Americans' & More