Buck Angel is a female-to-male (FTM) transsexual, adult film producer and performer, and LGBT icon. He is also founder of Buck Angel Entertainment, as a vehicle to produce media projects. He received the 2007 AVN Award as Transsexual Performer of the Year, and works as an advocate, educator, lecturer and writer.
Earlier years 
According to his website, Angel was a pronounced tomboy as a child and adolescent. His gender atypical behavior during childhood was generally accepted at home. But, once his secondary sex characteristics began to develop around age 16, his home life became increasingly tense. After a suicide attempt in high school, his parents sent him to therapy. It was in his therapy that he admitted, for the first time, that he felt like a man. The information was not well received and according to Angel "They were going to put me in a mental institution." Unaware of the existence of treatments for gender dysphoria such as hormone replacement therapy, he lived for years as a female, during which time he took drugs and drank alcohol. Though he was profitably employed as a professional model, he has stated that he was generally dissatisfied with his identity and existence, and "was not loving life".
Adult film career 
Angel began to produce and star in his own line of adult films (Buck Angel Entertainment). As he had not had any genital surgery and still possessed a vulva, he was able to create a unique niche, calling himself "The Man With a Pussy".
In 2005, he also became the first FTM to be featured in an all-male porn film produced by an exclusively gay porn company. This was the Titan release Cirque Noir. He is considered as the pioneer of an entirely new genre in gay porn films.
Also in 2005, Buck performed in Allanah Starr's Big Boob Adventures, directed by transsexual Gia Darling, which included a pornographic first: a filmed sex scene between a male-to-female transsexual (Allanah Starr) and a female-to-male transsexual. For that performance Allanah was nominated for two AVN Awards including Transsexual Performer of the Year and Most Outrageous Sex Scene.
In 2008, he had a lead role in Buckback Mountain that earned the film two nominations for "Best Alternative Release" and "Best Speciality Release" at the GayVN Awards
In September 2008 he flew to London, where British artist Marc Quinn began a life-size sculpture of Buck Angel, to be included in the sculptor's upcoming global tour. Marc Quinn article. This sculpture has now been finished and shown all over the world.
In October 2008 Angel appeared in director Ed Powers' new book NAKED about the adult film industry. He filmed a sex scene with porn star Wolf Hudson for an accompanying documentary film NAKED, produced by mainstream photographer Justin Lubin.
In 2010-12 he created his award winning series about trans male sexuality "Sexing The Transman XXX"
Other work 
Between 2006-2010, Angel appeared on various talk shows including Howard Stern, Tyra Banks, Maury Povich and Secret Lives of Women in the States, the Morning Show in the UK and the Jensen Show in the Netherlands.
In 2012 Angel created a dating website for transgender men called BuckAngelDating.com. He said he did this because “there was still no special dating site catering to the unique needs of transmen.”
- In January 2007, he won Transsexual Performer of the Year at the AVN Awards,
- In 2008, 2009, and 2010, he was nominated for Transsexual Performer of the Year. He remains the only FTM transsexual ever to have been nominated for the award as well as win this award.
- In April 2008 he was presented with a "Feminist Porn Award" for "Boundary Breaker of the Year"
- In 2012 he won the Feminist Porn Award for his groundbreaking film Sexing The Transman XXX.
- In 2012 he won Best FTM Performer of the Year at the Tranny Awards. This is the first year this award was given.
Personal life 
|This section requires expansion with: more films. (October 2011)|
- 2004: "Buck's Beaver"
- 2005:"The Adventures of Buck Naked"
- 2005: Cirque Noir
- 2005: Allanah Starr's Big Boob Adventures
- 2006: "Buck Off"
- 2006: "V for Vagina"
- 2006:"The Buck Stops Here"
- 2007: "Even More Bang for Your Buck Vol.1"
- 2008: "Even More Bang for your Buck Vol.2"
- 2008: Buckback Mountain
- 2009: "Ultimate Fucking Club Vol. 1"
- 2009: "Ultimate Fucking Club Vol.2"
- 2010-12: "Sexing The Transman XXX Series"
- 2008: NAKED
For an extensive listing, see
- 2012: "Sexing the Transman" 
Producer Buck Angel has created an innovative educational documentary that has broken through the barriers of censorship to be shown at film festivals worldwide. Sexing the Transman is a groundbreaking mainstream documentary about FTM sexualities. Buck Angel elicits intimate, in-depth conversations with transmen and those who love them—about how their bodies, sexualities, and identities are affected by the medical and social processes of gender transition.
- 2013:"Mr. Angel" World Premiere SXSW 2013 
Shot over six years, Mr. Angel chronicles the extraordinary life of transgender advocate, educator and porn pioneer, Buck Angel. Buck has survived addiction, homelessness, suicide and relentless opposition to his gender expression. Still, he lives his truth without compromise or apology.http://www.mrangelmovie.com/
- Visco, Gerry (2006-03-29). "Porn star Buck Angel is a woman or a man or a transexual". Nypress.com. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- "Eros.Com: Eros Guide Escort directory with escort photo listings and contacts for Eros female escorts, massage, bdsm, fetish, transsexuals, shemales and more". Eros-zine.com. 2011-10-20. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- "Porn Star XXXposure – Buck Angel | Good Vibrations Magazine". 2007-05-23. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- Trifle, Cherry. "More Bang For Your Buck: It Gets Better « Acceptance « Society". Edenfantasys.com. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- Nichols, Jerome Stuart. "An Interview with Buck Angel - Let's Talk About Sex #2". LTASEX. Retrieved 03/14/2013.
- Angel, Buck. "About Buck Angel". Retrieved 2008-07-07.[dead link]
- "Susie Bright's Journal : Buck Angel and the 100% Man Clit". Susiebright.blogs.com. 2006-09-11. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- [dead link]
- Taormino, Tristan (September 9, 2005). "Havin' Buck for Breakfast". The Village Voice. Retrieved 2006-06-10.
- "Photo from Getty Images". Daylife.com. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- . Buck Angel, Ed Powers directed documentary "NAKED". Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- "Transgender porn star shares story" (February 15, 2010) Yale Daily News
- "Buck Angel ideaCity10". YouTube. 2010-07-26. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- "[[AVN Awards]] Past Winners". Retrieved 2008-07-07. Wikilink embedded in URL title (help)
- "FPA 2008 | Good For Her - Sex Workshops". Good For Her. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- "Elayne Angel". Skin Deep 152. 01 October 2007. Retrieved 13 November 2010.
- Buck Angel. "Watch Buck Angel Videos | JT's Stockroom Videos On Demand". Video.stockroom.com. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- Interview with Buck Angel by Gerry Visco for New York Press
- Buck Angel Interview in GV Weekly
- Interview on LGN Show (Spanish/English)
- Interview video with pictures as a woman
- Interview on The Fetish Show