|Born||June 5, 1972|
|Occupation||Adult film producer, actor|
Buck Angel (born June 5, 1972) is an American trans man, adult film producer and performer, and LGBT icon. He is also founder of Buck Angel Entertainment, as a vehicle to produce media projects. He received the 2007 AVN Award as Transsexual Performer of the Year, and works as an advocate, educator, lecturer, and writer. Buck serves on the Board of Directors of the Woodhull Sexual Freedom Alliance.
According to his website, Angel was a pronounced tomboy as a child and adolescent. Born in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles, California, his gender atypical behavior during childhood was generally accepted at home. Once his secondary sex characteristics began to develop at around age 16, his home life became increasingly tense. After a suicidal gesture in high school, his parents sent him to therapy. It was in his therapy that he stated, for the first time, that he felt like a man. The information was not well received, and according to Angel, "They were going to put me in a mental institution." Unaware of the existence of treatments for gender dysphoria such as hormone replacement therapy, he lived for years as a female, during which time he took drugs and drank alcohol. Though he was profitably employed as a female professional model, he has stated that he was generally dissatisfied with his identity and existence, and "was not loving life."
Adult film career
Angel began to produce and star in his own line of adult films (Buck Angel Entertainment). As he had not had any genital surgery and still possessed a vulva, he created a unique niche, calling himself "The Man With a Pussy".
In 2005, he also became the first trans man to be featured in an all-male porn film produced by an exclusively gay porn company. This was the Titan release Cirque Noir. He is considered as the pioneer of an entirely new genre in gay porn films.
Also in 2005, Buck performed in Allanah Starr's Big Boob Adventures, directed by transsexual Gia Darling, which included a pornographic first: a filmed sex scene between a trans woman (Allanah Starr) and a trans man. For that performance, Allanah was nominated for two AVN Awards including Transsexual Performer of the Year and Most Outrageous Sex Scene.
In 2008, he had a lead role in Buckback Mountain that earned the film two nominations for "Best Alternative Release" and "Best Specialty Release" at the GayVN Awards.
In September 2008 he flew to London, where British artist Marc Quinn began a life-size sculpture of Angel, to be included in the sculptor's upcoming global tour. The finished sculpture has been shown all over the world.
In October 2008 Angel appeared in director Ed Powers' book NAKED about the adult film industry. He filmed a sex scene with porn star Wolf Hudson for the accompanying documentary film NAKED, produced by mainstream photographer Justin Lubin.
In 2010–12 he created an award winning series about trans male sexuality called "Sexing The Transman XXX".
Between 2006 and 2010, Angel appeared on various talk shows including Howard Stern, Tyra Banks, Maury Povich and Secret Lives of Women in the US, the Morning Show in the UK, and the Jensen Show in the Netherlands.
In 2012 Angel created a dating website for transgender men called BuckAngelDating.com. He said he did this because “there was still no special dating site catering to the unique needs of transmen.”
In 2013, Buck Angel and Jody Rose founded transgasm.org to help trans people raise the funds for sexual reassignment surgery. The project was quickly canceled amid accusations that the website was a pyramid scheme.
Awards and nominations
- In January 2007, he won Transsexual Performer of the Year at the AVN Awards.
- In 2008, 2009, and 2010, he was nominated for Transsexual Performer of the Year. He remains the only FTM transsexual ever to have been nominated for or to win this award.
- In April 2008, he was presented with a "Feminist Porn Award" for "Boundary Breaker of the Year."
- In 2012, he won the Feminist Porn Award for his groundbreaking film Sexing The Transman XXX.
- In 2012, he won Best FTM Performer of the Year at the Tranny Awards. This is the first year this award was given.
Buck Angel was married to body piercer Elayne Angel. They met on a dating website. When they were divorcing, Elayne claimed (to avoid paying spousal support) that their marriage should not have been legally recognized because Buck's birth certificate was not updated to male until after they were married. However, in August 2014, the California Superior Court ruled that their marriage was valid.
- 2004: "Buck's Beaver"
- 2005: "The Adventures of Buck Naked"
- 2005: "Cirque Noir"
- 2005: "Allanah Starr's Big Boob Adventures"
- 2006: "Buck Off"
- 2006: "V for Vagina"
- 2006: "The Buck Stops Here"
- 2007: "Even More Bang for Your Buck Vol.1"
- 2008: "Even More Bang for your Buck Vol.2"
- 2008: "Buckback Mountain"
- 2009: "Ultimate Fucking Club Vol. 1"
- 2009: "Ultimate Fucking Club Vol.2"
- 2010–12: "Sexing The Transman XXX Series"
- 2008: "NAKED"
- 2012: "Sexing the Transman"
- 2013: "Mr. Angel"
- Visco, Gerry (March 29, 2006). "Porn star Buck Angel is a woman or a man or a transexual". New York Press. Archived from the original on November 11, 2011. Retrieved November 7, 2011.[dead link]
- "Eros.Com: Eros Guide Escort directory with escort photo listings and contacts for Eros female escorts, massage, bdsm, fetish, transsexuals, shemales and more". Eros-zine.com. October 20, 2011. Retrieved November 7, 2011.[dead link]
- "Porn Star XXXposure – Buck Angel". Good Vibrations Magazine. May 23, 2007. Archived from the original on November 15, 2011. Retrieved November 7, 2011.
- Trifle, Cherry (November 16, 2010). "More Bang For Your Buck: It Gets Better « Acceptance « Society". Edenfantasys.com. Retrieved November 7, 2011.
- Matthew, Kirsten (2011). "Buck Wild". Dirty. No. 3 (3). Retrieved June 4, 2013.
- Nichols, Jerome Stuart. "An Interview with Buck Angel – Let's Talk About Sex #2". LTASEX. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Angel, Buck. "About Buck Angel". Archived from the original on March 24, 2010. Retrieved July 7, 2008.
- "Susie Bright's Journal : Buck Angel and the 100% Man Clit". Susiebright.blogs.com. September 11, 2006. Retrieved November 7, 2011.
-  Banana Guide[dead link]
- Taormino, Tristan (August 30, 2005). "Havin' Buck for Breakfast". The Village Voice. Retrieved June 10, 2006.
- Edward Mostyn (November 8, 2009). "Marc Quinn article". The Guardian (London). Retrieved November 1, 2013.
- "Photo from Getty Images". Daylife. Archived from the original on November 30, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2011.
- Buck Angel, Ed Powers directed documentary "NAKED". Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- "Sexing The Transman XXX". Sexingthetransman.com. Retrieved November 1, 2013.
- "Transgender porn star shares story". Yale Daily News. February 15, 2010. Retrieved November 1, 2013.
- "Buck Angel ideaCity10". YouTube. July 26, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2011.
- "Buck Angel Launches Dating Site For Transgender Men". On Top Magazine. September 1, 2012. Retrieved June 8, 2013.
- "Buck Angel: Dating Technology for the FTM". The Huffington Post. August 31, 2012. Retrieved June 8, 2013.
- "Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site". The Advocate.
- "AVN Awards Past Winners". Retrieved July 7, 2008.
- "FPA 2008". Good For Her. Retrieved November 7, 2011.
- Can Larry Wachowski really have changed sex between pictures? Damon Wise investigates The Guardian. May 3, 2008.
- El Misterio de Larry Wachowski RollingStone Argentina. January 3, 2006.
- Elliott, Stephen (January 13, 2006). "Rolling Stone Slanders The Transgender S&M Community". Huffington Post.
- "Elayne Angel". Skin Deep 152. October 1, 2007. Retrieved November 13, 2010.
- Buck Angel, I met my amazing wife Elayne Angel on a site 10 2013.
- Two Trans Men Come Away With Major Court Victories The Advocate. August 14, 2014. Retrieved August 16, 2014.
- Buck Angel Entertainment
- Buck Angel Facebook
- Buck Angel's Twitter
- Buck Angel's YouTube
- Interview with Buck Angel on Edenfantasys
- Interview with Buck Angel by Gerry Visco for New York Press
- Buck Angel Interview in GV Weekly
- Interview video with pictures as a woman
- Interview on The Fetish Show
- Interview on LGN Show[dead link] (Spanish/English)