|Date of birth:April 7, 1978|
|Place of birth: Quincy, Florida|
|High school: Tallahassee (FL) Godby|
|College: University of Florida|
|Undrafted in 2001|
|Debuted in 2002 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Last played in 2002 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
|Stats at DatabaseFootball.com|
Sheddrick Tobias Gurley (born April 7, 1978), nicknamed Buck Gurley, is a former American college and professional football player who was a defensive tackle in the National Football League (NFL) for a single season in 2002. Gurley played college football for the University of Florida, and thereafter, he played professionally for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the NFL.
Early years 
Gurley was born in Quincy, Florida in 1978. He attended Amos P. Godby High School in Tallahassee, Florida, and he played high school football for the Godby Cougars. Gurley was considered one of the nation's top defensive line prospects, and was recognized as a consensus high school All-American, including first-team All-American honors from USA Today, in 1995.
College career 
Gurley received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Steve Spurrier's Florida Gators football team from 1997 to 2000. As a redshirt senior in 2000, he was a member of the Gators' 2000 SEC Championship team. Gurley graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelor's degree in health and human performance in 2001.
Professional career 
Life after the NFL 
See also 
- Florida Gators
- Florida Gators football, 1990–99
- History of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- List of Florida Gators football players
- List of University of Florida alumni
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Buck Gurley. Retrieved March 12, 2011.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Buck Gurley. Retrieved March 12, 2011.
- GatorZone.com, Football History, 2000 Roster, Buck Gurley. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 85, 98, 181 (2011). Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Buck Gurley. Retrieved March 12, 2011.
- "Buck Gurley hired to coach Lake Mary Prep football," Orlando Sentinel (May 23, 2009). Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.