Buckenham railway station
|Managed by||Greater Anglia|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures and station information
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||Yarmouth and Norwich Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Great Eastern Railway|
|1 May 1844||Opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Buckenham from Office of Rail Regulation statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Buckenham railway station is a railway station in the English county of Norfolk. The station is located in Buckenham on the Norwich-Lowestoft/Great Yarmouth Wherry Line. The station is operated by Greater Anglia, having been built by the Yarmouth and Norwich Railway and opened in 1844.
According to usage estimates Buckenham is one of the least-used stations in the country. In 2005-06 it had an estimated 29 users and in 2006-07 only 22 users. Usage figures have increased in recent years with an estimated 100 users in 2011-12. A limited number of services stop, by request only, at the station on weekends with no services on weekdays.
As of February 2014 services only stop at the station at weekends and on a request basis. On Saturdays one train serves the station to Norwich and one to Lowestoft. On Sundays three trains to Norwich call at the station with three trains to Great Yarmouth on the Berney Arms section of the line via Reedham. During the summer period the service is generally extended to include an extra train from Norwich to Lowestoft and back each Sunday.
- 'Estimates of station usage 2011-12', Office of rail regulation (available online). Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 47. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Ordnance Survey (2005). OS Explorer Map OL40 - The Broads (Map). ISBN 0-319-23769-9.
- 'Norwich to Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft', Greater Anglia, December 2013.
- Map sources for Buckenham railway station
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|