Buckeye Municipal Airport
|Buckeye Municipal Airport|
|IATA: BXK – ICAO: KBXK – FAA LID: BXK|
|Owner||Town of Buckeye|
|Elevation AMSL||1,033 ft / 315 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Buckeye Municipal Airport (IATA: BXK, ICAO: KBXK, FAA LID: BXK) is a town-owned public-use airport located six nautical miles (11 km) northwest of the central business district of Buckeye, a town in Maricopa County, Arizona, United States. The airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, which categorizes it as a general aviation facility. It is not served by any commercial airlines at this time.
Facilities and aircraft
Buckeye Municipal Airport covers an area of 706 acres (286 ha) at an elevation of 1,033 feet (315 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 17/35 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,500 by 75 ft (1,676 by 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 22, 2009, the airport had 52,920 aircraft operations, an average of 144 per day: 99.8% general aviation, 0.2% military and <0.1% air taxi. At that time there were 44 aircraft based at this airport: 75% single-engine, 5% multi-engine, 9% helicopter and 11% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for BXK ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 29 July 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.33 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- Airport page at Town of Buckeye web site
- "Airport page and diagram". Buckeye Economic Development. Archived from the original on 6 December 2006.
- Buckeye Municipal Airport (BXK) at Arizona DOT airport directory
- Aerial image as of 23 February 1992 from USGS The National Map
- Resources for this airport:
|This Arizona airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|