Bucks Township, Tuscarawas County, Ohio
|Bucks Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Tuscarawas County.
|• Total||22.6 sq mi (58.6 km2)|
|• Land||22.6 sq mi (58.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,191 ft (363 m)|
|• Density||70.7/sq mi (27.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087051|
Bucks Township is one of the twenty-two townships of Tuscarawas County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,601 people in the township, 972 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Auburn Township - northeast
- Jefferson Township - east
- Salem Township - southeast corner
- Adams Township, Coshocton County - south
- White Eyes Township, Coshocton County - southwest corner
- Crawford Township, Coshocton County - west
- Clark Township, Holmes County - northwest
Part of the village of Baltic is located in the northwestern corner of Bucks Township.
Name and history
It is the only Bucks Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. The current trustees are Terry Mizer, Douglas Ott, and Gene Stein, and the fiscal officer is Amy Mizer.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Tuscarawas County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Tuscarawas County, Ohio — Engineer: Joseph S. Bachman. Tuscarawas County. Accessed 2007-06-01.