||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (October 2012)|
Bucoli is a suco in Baucau Subdistrict, Baucau District, East Timor and also a settlement in the Bucoli Suco. As of 2010 there were 2179 inhabitants and 372 households in Bucoli Suco. 85 % in Bucoli are speaking Waima'a language as mother tongue.
Bucoli was the home of guerrilla warrior Vicente dos Reis and has a symbolic status in East Timorese nationalism. National Unity of Timorese Resistance (Portuguese: União Nacional Democrática de Resistência Timorense (UNDERTIM)) chose to establish its first headquarters in Bucoli in 2005 because of the role of the village in the history of the East Timorese resistance movement.
- "WEBpage_10_23_04". Ling.hawaii.edu. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Ethnologue report for language code: wmh". Ethnologue.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- John Bowden und Tatiana Romanovsky: Assessing the degree of language endangerment using Rapid Rural Appraisal techniques
- Census 2010 in Bucoli (Tetum)
- "A special day in the birthplace of East Timorese nationalism". theage.com.au. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "UNOTIL Daily Media Review, 08th and 10th October 2005". Etan.org. 2005-10-10. Retrieved 2012-10-29.