Buda in 2003
|Area||1.00 sq mi (3 km2)|
|- land||1.00 sq mi (3 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||538.0 / sq mi (208 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Buda, Illinois|
Buda is located at (41.326297, -89.680131).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 1.00 square mile (2.6 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 592 people, 236 households, and 171 families residing in the village. The population density was 587.3 people per square mile (226.3/km²). There were 258 housing units at an average density of 256.0 per square mile (98.6/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 99.16% White, 0.17% Asian, 0.34% from other races, and 0.34% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.35% of the population.
There were 236 households out of which 34.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.8% were married couples living together, 11.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.5% were non-families. 24.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 16.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.51 and the average family size was 2.88.
In the village the population was spread out with 28.0% under the age of 18, 7.3% from 18 to 24, 28.9% from 25 to 44, 19.4% from 45 to 64, and 16.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 80.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 84.4 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $34,231, and the median income for a family was $38,854. Males had a median income of $31,094 versus $16,771 for females. The per capita income for the village was $15,320. About 9.2% of families and 12.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.8% of those under age 18 and 9.5% of those age 65 or over.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Buda village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company (1908). A History of the Origin of the Place Names Connected with the Chicago & North Western and Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railways. p. 49.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Places: Illinois". 2010 Census Gazetteer Files. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Media related to Buda, Illinois at Wikimedia Commons
- "Buda, Illinois 61312", at Bureau County website