The Walt Disney Company India Pvt. Ltd.
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Key people||Robert A. "Bob" Iger
President & CEO (The Walt Disney Company)
John E. Pepper, Jr.
Chairman (Walt Disney Company)
Senior Vice President & Managing Director (Walt Disney Company India)
|Parent||The Walt Disney Company|
|Divisions||Hungama TV, Disney Channel (India), Disney Junior (India), Disney XD (India), Indiagames, UTV Software Communications|
|Website||Disney India Website|
The Walt Disney Company (India) is a private limited company, which develops and produces motion pictures and videos for children. The company is based in Mumbai, India and operates as a subsidiary of Walt Disney Co.
Collaboration with YRF
Disney India collaborated with Yash Raj Films to produce Roadside Romeo. Yash Raj Films (YRF), India’s premier studio, entered into an exclusive agreement with The Walt Disney Studios to create a series of original computer-animated feature films. The collaboration marks the first time that either company has entered into a co-production arrangement to develop films in India.
Collaboration with UTV
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2013)|
Disney Publishing Worldwide (India), a division of Walt Disney Company (India), announced a licensing agreement with local publisher Junior Diamond to publish Disney comic books, in both English and Hindi. Featuring Disney characters Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, the 32-page comic book will be priced at Rs 25. Roshini Bakshi, Regional Director (Disney Consumer Products), said, “Every month, we will print 50,000 copies for each character and launch 2 titles under Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck respectively per month."
Disney, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with five business segments:
Media Networks - Walt Disney Television International (India), Disney-ABC International Television (Asia Pacific), ESPN
- Disney Interactive Media Group (formerly Walt Disney Internet Group)
- Disney Online and Disney Interactive Studios
- Studio Entertainment
- Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture International, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, Disney Music Group, Disney Theatrical Group
- Disney Consumer Products
- Consumer Products, Publishing
- Parks and Resorts
Disney Channel India
Disney Channel India has adopted a 360 degree blanket approach for marketing and promoting its new property amongst its target groups. Disney Channel (India) is also running locally-acquired content such as Shararat and Son Pari and is now also experimenting with Bollywood content to draw in a larger audience.
- Playhouse Disney India
- Disney Channel India
- Hungama TV
- Disney XD (India)
- UTV Software Communications
- "Antoine Villeneuve named Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Walt Disney Television India | OnScreenAsia.com: The One Stop for TV / Entertainment News". OnScreenAsia.com. 2007-05-10. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "The Walt Disney Company (India) private limited company.: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Disney launches comic books in India". Business-standard.com. 2009-04-15. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- Indiantelevision.com > Kidology > Disney extends local content; launches new show on 27 April