Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (August 2012)|
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (August 2012)|
The Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC) is a consortium of the region’s premier health care, life sciences research, and medical education institutions, all co-located on 120 acres (0.49 km2) in downtown Buffalo, New York. The BNMC is dedicated to the cultivation of a world-class medical campus for clinical care, research, education, and entrepreneurship. The BNMC was founded in 2001 by a consortium (including the University at Buffalo and Roswell Park Cancer Institute). This project comprises one of the five "Strategic Investment Areas" that make up Buffalo, NY's Queen City Hub Plan, the city's strategic plan for urban redevelopment.
Coordinates activities related to the planning, development, and enhancement within its 120 acres footprint.
Facilitates collaboration among member institutions, as well as the community at large.
Addresses issues of common concern to member institutions and neighbors.
Creates a distinct environment that provides opportunities for active living.[clarification needed]
- Buffalo Hearing & Speech Center (www.askbhsc.org)
- Buffalo Medical Group Foundation (www.buffalomedicalgroup.com)
- Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute (www.hwi.buffalo.edu)
- Kaleida Health (www.kaleidahealth.org)
- Olmsted Center for the Visually Impaired (www.olmstedcenter.org)
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute (www.roswellpark.org)
- The Center for Hospice & Palliative Care (www.hospicebuffalo.org)
- University at Buffalo School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences (www.medicine.buffalo.edu)
- New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics & Life Sciences (www.bioinformatics.buffalo.edu)
- University at Buffalo Research Institute on Addictions (www.ria.buffalo.edu)
- Upstate New York Transplant Services (www.unyts.org)
The BNMC Trustee Council consists of our[who?] partners on the Medical Campus as well as neighboring organizations and businesses.
Life Sciences Companies on the BNMC
First Wave Technologies
Other Members of the Trustee Council
Associated Healthcare Inc.
Buffalo Employment and Training Center
Buffalo Federation of Neighborhood Centers
Buffalo Niagara Medical Associates
Buffalo Place, Inc.
Church of Scientology
Community Action Organization of Erie County, Inc.
Doubletree Club Hotel
Every Person Influences Children (EPIC)
Kevin Guest House
Langston Hughes Institute
Mosher Medical Center administered by Lifetime Health Medical Group
The Roosevelt Apartments
Schröder, Joseph & Associates
St. John Baptist Church
St. Jude Center
Theater District Association
UB Research Institute on Addictions
Facts and Figures
Regarding entities within the Medical Campus:
Approximately $600 million in annual expenditures
An additional $300 million in annual economic impact
750,000+ annual patient visits