Buffalo Wild Wings
|Traded as||NASDAQ: BWLD|
|Headquarters||Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Number of locations||1010 (as of May 2014)|
|Area served||North America|
|Key people||Sally Smith (CEO)|
|Products||Buffalo wings, sauces|
Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar is a casual dining restaurant and sports bar franchise in the United States and Canada that is known for its Buffalo wings and sauces. The restaurant's current tagline is "Wings. Beer. Sports.".
Buffalo Wild Wings was founded in 1982 after James Disbrow, then living in Buffalo, New York, came to Kent, Ohio, to judge an amateur figure skating competition at Kent State University in 1981. He met up with his good friend Scott Lowery and went looking for a place to get authentic Buffalo-style chicken wings. Unable to find one, they decided to open up their own restaurant, first in Columbus, Ohio, and then in Westerville, Ohio one year later. Originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck, from which the abbreviation BW3 was created (the third W was for the beef on weck sandwich), the restaurant became a franchise; as of December 27, 2009, it had 652 locations (232 directly owned by the company, and 420 franchised locations) across 45 U.S. states. An alternate nickname in recent usage by the company is B-Dubs. The corporate headquarters was located upstairs from their location in Clifton, Cincinnati for several years before moving to Minneapolis, Minnesota. In 2010, the company announced an expansion into Canada. In February 2012, Buffalo Wild Wings reported $495 million in total assets.
All Buffalo Wild Wings restaurants feature NTN Buzztime interactive trivia and poker. In states where interactive poker is banned by law, interactive sports trivia runs on the second feed.
Signature sauces and seasonings
|This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: uncited information with mostly promotional value. (March 2013)|
In order of increasing spiciness:
- Sweet BBQ
- Honey Mustard
- Parmesan Garlic
- Honey BBQ
- Spicy Garlic
- Jammin' Jalapeño
- Asian Zing
- Caribbean Jerk
- Thai Curry
- Hot BBQ
- Mango Habanero
- Blazin' – The hottest sauce on the menu.
- Sriracha Sizzle (retired)
- Big Easy Bourbon Honey Mustard (retired)
- Honey Ginger Kick (retired)
- Wicked Wasabi (retired)
- Classic Margarita (retired)
- Salted Caramel
- Ghost Pepper
- Korean BBQ
In addition to the signature sauces, Buffalo Wild Wings now offers Signature Seasonings
- Salt & Vinegar
- Buffalo Rub
- Lemon Pepper
- Chipotle BBQ
- Desert Heat
Buffalo Wild Wings also offers dressings for dipping which can also be put onto wings if specially requested.
- Fat Free Ranch
- Blue Cheese
- Honey Mustard
- Southwest Ranch
- Sour Cream
Notes and references
- Southward, Brandon (July 22, 2013). "The Crowd Goes Wild". Fortune 168 (2): 18.
- "Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc.". FundingUniverse.com. Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- The original location itself closed on November 19, 2006. In late June 2007, the new Buffalo Wild Wings opened at Ohio State University in Columbus. This massive store has over 75 televisions and spans over 8,000 square feet. The location is two blocks north of the original. It would have opened when the old one closed but construction took a little longer than planned.
- "About Buffalo Wild Wings". Buffalo Wild Wings.
- "Form 10-K - Buffalo Wild Wings Inc. - BWLD". February 6, 2010. Retrieved May 19, 2010.[dead link]
- "B-Dubs Buffalo Wild Wings app".
- "B-Dubs iPhone App".
- Singleton, Sharon (August 18, 2010). "Buffalo Wild Wings coming to Canada". Toronto Sun. Retrieved August 19, 2010.
- "Buffalo Wild Wings 2011 Sales Figures Will Likely Push Total Assets Above $400 Million – Profits Continue to Beat Expectations". Quarterly Retail Review. March 22, 2011.