Buffalo Wings (inline hockey)
|City||Amherst, New York|
Amherst Ice Center
|Colors||Black, jade, dark blue, silver, white
The Buffalo Wings franchise was originally the Phoenix Cobras from 1994 to 1995, and the Empire State Cobras in 1996.
Following the demise of Roller Hockey International, the organization continues to exist to this day as a youth hockey development organization. The professional team has been revived at least once (in 2004) in the Professional Inline Hockey Association.
The Wings were announced as one of the six teams participating in the 2008 Major League Roller Hockey Pro Tour.
- 1994 - Phoenix Cobras - 13-11 - (Roller Hockey International / Home: Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum)
- 1995 - Phoenix Cobras - 11-09 - (Roller Hockey International / Home: Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum)
- 1996 - Empire State Cobras - 16-07 - (Roller Hockey International / Home: Glens Falls Civic Center)
- 1997 - Buffalo Wings - 06-18 - (Roller Hockey International / Home: Marine Midland Arena)
- 1998 - Buffalo Wings - 11-08 - (Major League Roller Hockey / Home: Buffalo State Sports Arena)
- 1999 - Buffalo Wings - 13-13 - (Roller Hockey International / Home: Buffalo State Sports Arena)
- 1994 - Lost to Calgary Rad'z in Quarterfinal
- 1995 - Lost to San Jose Rhinos in Quarterfinal
- 1996 - Lost to Orlando Jackals in Quarterfinal
- 1998 - Defeated Port Huron North Americans in Quarterfinal, Lost to Columbus Hawks in Semifinal
- 1999 - Defeated Minnesota Blue Ox in Quarterfinal, Lost to St. Louis Vipers in Semifinal