The Buffington Harbor is located on the shores of Gary, Indiana USA. It is home to restaurants, hotels, and two casino boats owned by Don BardenBuffington Harbor is in the Indiana Dunes ecosystem, which played a role in the creation of The Nature Conservancy and inspired conservation efforts
- The Majestic Star Casino, LLC owns and operates two casino boats at Buffington harbor. They are the majority proprietor of the harbor.
- The Trump Organization formerly owned a casino boat at Buffingon, Trump Casino, but due to financial trouble at other casinos, was forced to sell his casino to Majestic Star.
Don Barden (owner of Majestic Star Casino, LLC) has released plans for an arena and other commercial development for the harbor.
- Smith, S.H. & Mark, S. (2010). The historical roots of The Nature Conservancy in the Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland Region: From science to preservation. The South Shore Journal, 3, 1-10.
- Smith, S. & Mark, S. (2007). The cultural impact of a museum in a small community:The Hour Glass of Ogden Dunes. The South Shore Journal, 2, pp. 16-28.
- Smith, S. & Mark, S. (2006). Alice Gray, Dorothy Buell, and Naomi Svihla:Preservationists of Ogden Dunes. The South Shore Journal, 1, 15-21.
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|