||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2008)|
|Max Barenbrug, designer and co-founder
Eduard Zanen, co-founder
|Products||strollers, stroller accessories|
Number of employees
Bugaboo International B.V. is a Dutch design company that makes pushchairs for infants and toddlers. Its products are available in 50 countries. Bugaboo International employs 800 people, working at headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands or in one of the offices in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Italy, Spain, USA, France, Australia, and in the assembly plant in China.
In 1996, Bugaboo was founded as a company Eduard Zanen, an entrepreneur, and Barenbrug, following an investment into the Bugaboo stroller by Zanen.
In 1999, the first Bugaboo — the "Bugaboo Classic" — appeared on the streets of Holland.
In 2001, the "Bugaboo Frog" was launched in the United Kingdom and in 2003 in the United States.
2004 was the year when the "Limited Edition Bugaboo By Bas Kosters" was introduced.
In 2005, Bugaboo launched the "Bugaboo Gecko" and the "Bugaboo Cameleon".
In 2007, the "Bugaboo Bee" was added to the product family.
In 2010, Bugaboo collaborated with the cosmetics brand, Uslu Airlines.
In 2011, the "Bugaboo Donkey", a transformable push-chair, was introduced.
In 2013, the "Bugaboo Buffalo", an all-terrain push-chair was introduced.
In 2012, Bugaboo is listed as a partner of the (RED) campaign, together with other brands such as Penfolds, Belvedere and Apple Inc. The campaign's mission is to prevent the transmission of the HIV virus from mother to child by 2015 (the campaign's byline is "Fighting For An AIDS Free Generation").
Notes and references
- "(RED) Partners". (RED). The ONE Campaign. 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- "Bugaboo Leaps Past Frog". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- "Bugaboo International B.V. - Company Overview". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- Swords, Tara (2008-05-18). "Talking to the Mom on the Street to See How She Rolls". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- "Furnishings and Accessories for Infants, Toddlers and Preschoolers Expected to Stroll into $13 Billion by 2012". http://www.prnewswire.com/.
- "The Style & Design 100: Bugaboo". time magazine. 2007-04-13. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- Interview with Max Barenbrug: "5-Minute Time Out: Max Barenbrug". http://www.babble.com/. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- "Bugaboo krijgt een kleine" (in Dutch). http://www.bright.nl/. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- "De Bugaboo is een product voor ouders, niet voor kinderen" (in Dutch). http://www.sprout.nl/. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
|This Dutch corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|