Bugembe is a town in Jinja District, Eastern Uganda. It is the seat of the Kingdom of Busoga, one of the four constitutional mornachies in Uganda, which is coterminus with Busoga sub-region.
Bugembe is located approximately 8.5 kilometres (5.3 mi), by road, northeast of Jinja, the largest city in the sub-region. The town is located on the highway between Jinja and Iganga. The coordinates of Bugembe are:00 28 03N, 33 14 30E (Latitude:0.4675; Longitude:33.2415).
In 2008, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 30,600. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year popuulation of Bugembe at 33,100.
The landmarks within the town limits or near the edges of town include:
- The offices of Bugembe Town Council
- The headquarters of the Kingdom of Busoga
- Bugembe Police Barracks
- Nakanyangi Primary School
- Jinja Lake View Primary School
- Nakanyonyi Girls' Primary School
- St. Thaddeus Secondary School
- Bugembe Central Market
- Bugembe Health Center
- St. Florence Secondary School
- Vic View High School
- Wanyange Girls' Secondary School
External links 
See also 
Coordinates: 00°28′03″N 33°14′30″E / 0.46750°N 33.24167°E