Buhl Farm Golf Course
Buhl Farm Park Golf Course - Hole #1
|Owned by||Buhl Farm Park|
|Website||Buhl Farm Golf Course|
Buhl Farm Golf Course, located in Sharon, Pennsylvania, is the only free public golf course in the United States. The 9-hole course is open from mid-April to November between 8 a.m. to sundown (closing times vary on season, so call ahead). The course is known for its flat greens, high rough and little room between each hole. It is also known for its easy layout including straight and wide fairways. The course is also known for its one artificial turf tee box, and eight other natural tee boxes. The course also includes a driving range and a First Tee center. It is run by the Buhl Farm Trust and generous donations from the public. The free course is called Dum Dum by the locals.
Golf Course Details
- The course is 2,378 yards long and a par of 34.
- The opening and closing holes are par 3s.
- The longest of the seven par 4s is 352 yards.
- Over 30,000 free rounds of golf are played each and every year.
Golf Course Rules
- Each golfer must have a bag, a minimum four clubs, and a putter.
- No children under seven are permitted on the course.
- Children seven to eleven who have completed a formal golf instruction may play accompanied by an adult.
- Shirts are required and no "short" shorts are permitted.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- You may only play in a group with four members or less.