The restaurant serves cuisine in a clay ‘tandoor’ oven with a special emphasis on kebabs, which are served without cutlery. Signature dishes include the Sikandari Raan (Marinated Whole Leg of Spring Lamb) and Murgh Malai Kebab (Creamy Chicken Kebab). J.P. Singh is the Executive Chef at the restaurant, which has maintained its menu for the last 30 years.
The restaurant was voted Best Asian restaurant and 37th best in the world by Restaurant Magazine, UK in 2007. It has often found a place amongst the magazine's top 50 ratings since 2002 and is considered to be one of the best Indian cuisine restaurants in the world.
Celebrity guests include former U.S. President Bill Clinton and Vladimir Putin. In 2009, US Secretary of state Hillary Clinton, also visited the restaurant, the "Hillary Platter" later became part of the menu, in line with "Presidential Platter" based on the non-vegetarian dishes ordered by Bill Clinton during his visit, and also "Chelsea Platter" composed of vegetarian dishes ordered by Chelsea Clinton. In Jan 2012 Arnold Schwarzenegger visited the restaurant for dinner and enjoyed one of the restaurant's famous giant naan breads.
- The Times Food Award, 2003, 2004, 2006 & 2007
- World’s 50 Best Restaurants, in 2002-04, 2006 & 2007; Restaurant Magazine
- Golden Fork award, 1991
- "Review: Bukhara". Fodor's.
- "World Chefs: Bukhara's Singh won't change the chicken". Reuters. Aug 26, 2008.
- Dasgupta, Piyali (Jul 20, 2009). "Maurya adds Hillary platter to its menu". The Times of India.
- "Hillary gets her own platter alongside Bill and Chelsea". Bombay News. 20 July, 2009.
- Bittman, Mark (March 2, 2003). "Beyond Tandoori In New Delhi". New York Times.
|This restaurant-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|