Logo from 1991 to 2004
Mucky Foot Productions
|Founder(s)||Peter Molyneux, Les Edgar|
|Headquarters||Guildford, United Kingdom|
Magic Carpet series
Dungeon Keeper series
|Website||www.bullfrog.com (archived version until 2002-11-25)|
At the time of the company's founding, Edgar and Molyneux were already involved in an enterprise called Taurus Impact Systems. Bullfrog's name was derived from "Taurus" (the Latin word for bull) and Edgar's daughter's love of frogs.
Electronic Arts, Bullfrog's publisher, acquired the studio in January 1995. Molyneux had become an Electronic Arts vice-president and consultant in 1994, after EA purchased a significant share of Bullfrog. Molyneux's last project with Bullfrog was Dungeon Keeper and he left the company in August 1997 to found Lionhead Studios. Other members of the studio founded Mucky Foot Productions in 1998. The last titles to bear the Bullfrog logo were published in 2001. In 2004, Bullfrog Productions was merged with EA UK, effectively closing the studio. Les Edgar became EA's Vice President of European Studios.
- Fusion (1988)
- Populous (1989)
- Flood (1990)
- Powermonger (1990)
- Populous II (1991)
- Syndicate (1993)
- Magic Carpet (1994)
- Theme Park (1994)
- Syndicate: American Revolt (1994)
- Tube (1994)
- Hi-Octane (1995)
- Magic Carpet 2 (1995)
- Genewars (1996)
- Syndicate Wars (1996)
- Dungeon Keeper (1997)
- Theme Hospital (1997)
- Populous: The Beginning (1998)
- Theme Aquarium (1998)
- Dungeon Keeper 2 (1999)
- Theme Park World (SimTheme Park in the US) (1999)
- Theme Park Inc (SimCoaster in the US) (2001)
- Dulin, Ron. "GameSpot Presents Legends of Game Design: Peter Molyneux". GameSpot. Archived from the original on 30 August 2005. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- Porter, Will. "PC Feature: 30 in 30: Bullfrog Productions - ComputerAndVideoGames.com". Computer and Video Games. Future Publishing. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Business Wire (1992-09-21). "Electronic Arts to acquire leading European software developer, Bullfrog Productions Ltd.". AllBusiness. Retrieved 2008-04-13.[dead link]
- Dulin, Ron. "GameSpot Presents Legends of Game Design: Peter Molyneux". GameSpot. Archived from the original on 1 September 2003. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Thorsen, Tor (3 November 2003). "Mucky Foot shutters doors - GameSpot.com". GameSpot. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Joe Martin (11 August 2009). "EA looking to revive classic Bullfrog games". Dennis Publishing Limited. Retrieved 26 March 2010.