Bullwinkle (oil platform)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
Bullwinkle is a 1,736 feet (529 m) tall, pile-supported fixed steel oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico. Of the total height, 412.1 meters (1,352 ft) are below the waterline. It is located in Manatee Field, approximately 160 miles (260 km) southwest of New Orleans. Bullwinkle belongs to Superior Energy Services and Dynamic Offshore Resources. The construction cost was US$500,000,000 according to some sources. The platform was built by Gulf Marine Fabricators in 1985-1988 at the North Yard location at the intersection of the Corpus Christi Ship Channel and the Intracoastal Waterway in Port Aransas, TX, north of Corpus Christi. The platform was installed by Heerema Marine Contractors.
- Info on offshore-technology.com
- Diagram and short description
- Photograph of rig being towed to sea
- Photograph of platform
- 2010 Announcement to decommission and retire the platform
- Leffler, Pattrozi, Sterling. Deepwater. p. 24.