Bumface (ISBN 9780140387971) is a children's novel written by Morris Gleitzman for readers age 10-12. It has won several awards and is regularly named in polls as a favourite book of Australian children.
== Shity Awards==
Angus wants to be Bumface, a pirate character he has created. Bumface is brave, bold, wild and free. He stars in the stories Angus tells his younger brother and sister.
Instead, Angus is just plain tired from having to change his sister Imogen's nappies and scrape food off the walls. He has to look after his siblings while his famous soap opera actress mother works and chases men.
His father and stepfathers don't have time to look after their own children.
Angus doesn't want to be mum's Mr Dependable or dad's Mr Reliable he just wants to be an ordinary boy.
In the end, Angus gets his own back.
- "When the facts of life are too close to home". Birmingham Post. 22 May 1999. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- "Good books and bad reactions". District Administration. 1 April 2007. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- "Previous Winners". Bilby Awards. Children's Book Council of Australia. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- "Past Award Winners". COOL Awards. ACT Public Library. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- "PREVIOUS YABBA WINNERS". The Children's Choice Book Award in Victoria. Yabba Council Inc. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
|This article about a children's novel of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|