|— Special ward —|
|文京区 · Bunkyō City|
|• Mayor||Hironobu Narisawa|
|• Total||11.31 km2 (4.37 sq mi)|
|Population (March 1, 2012)|
|• Density||17,072.59/km2 (44,217.8/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|- Tree||Ginkgo biloba|
|Address||Kasuga 1-16-21, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
Bunkyō (文京区 Bunkyō-ku ) is one of the 23 special wards of Tokyo, Japan. Situated in the middle of the ward area, Bunkyō is a residential and educational center. Beginning in the Meiji period, literati like Natsume Sōseki, as well as scholars and politicians have lived there. Bunkyō is home to the Tokyo Dome, judo's Kodokan, and the University of Tokyo (Hongo Campus).
As of March 1, 2012 the ward has a population of 193,091, including about 6,500 foreign residents, with 104,189 households and a population density of 17,072.59 persons per km². The total area is 11.31 km².
The ward was founded on March 15, 1947.
There are approximately twenty neighbourhoods in the area and these are as follows:
Politics and government 
The publishing company Kodansha has its headquarters in the ward, and Kodansha International has its headquarters in the Otowa YK Building in the ward. The drugstore chain Tomod's has its headquarters in the ward.
- Chinzan-so Garden
- Denzuin Temple
- Gokoku-ji Temple
- Harimasaka Sakura Colonnade
- Hatoyama Hall
- Kodansha Noma Memorial Museum
- Kodokan Judo Institute
- Koishikawa Botanical Garden
- Koishikawa Kōrakuen
- Koishikawa Ukiyo-e Art Museum
- Nezu Shrine
- Nippon Medical School
- Orugoru no Chiisana Hakubutsukan
- Rikugien Garden
- Shin-Edogawa Garden
- Tokyo Cathedral (St. Mary's Cathedral)
- Tokyo Dome
- Tokyo Dome City
- Toyo University
- University of Tokyo
- Yanaka Cemetery
- Yayoi Museum
- Yushima Seidō
Universities and colleges 
- Ochanomizu University
- University of Tsukuba Ōtsuka Campus
- University of Tokyo Hongō Campus
- Tokyo Medical and Dental University
- Atomi University
- Juntendo University
- Takushoku University
- Chuo University Engineering department
- Tokyo Woman's Christian University
- Toyo University
- Toyo Gakuen University
- Nippon Medical School
- Japan Women's University
- Bunkyo Gakuin University
- Bunkyo Gakuin College
- International College for Postgraduate Buddhist Studies
Primary and secondary schools 
Public elementary and junior high schools are operated by Bunkyo council. Public high schools are operated by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Board of Education.
The metropolis operates the Koishikawa Secondary Education School.
The metropolis operates the Bunkyo School for the Blind.
Train stations 
Toei subway lines 
- Toei Mita Line: Sengoku, Hakusan, Kasuga, Suidōbashi
- Toei Oedo Line: Iidabashi, Kasuga, Hongō Sanchōme
Tokyo Metro subway lines 
- Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line: Sendagi, Nezu, Yushima
- Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line: Shin-Ōtsuka, Myōgadani, Kōrakuen, Hongō Sanchōme, Ochanomizu
- Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line: Gokokuji, Edogawabashi
- Tokyo Metro Namboku Line: Kōrakuen, Tōdaimae, Honkomagome
- No.5 Ikebukuro Route (Takebashi JCT - Bijogi JCT)
See also 
- Bunkyo Academy Foundation. "Bunkyo Academy | International exchanges". Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- SNS-FreeJapan (16 April 2011). "文京区候補者情報一覧 | 東京都統一地方選挙・候補者紹介サイト". Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- Bunkyo City Government Office. "Bunkyo city Plot of city council.". Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- "Company Overview." Kodansha. Retrieved on April 5, 2011. "Address: 12-21, Otowa 2-chome, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8001, Japan"
- "Corporate Profile" Kodansha. Retrieved on April 1, 2011. "Address Otowa YK Building 1-17-14 Otowa, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8652" map
- "Company Profile." Tomod's. Retrieved on May 19, 2009.
- "55. Museum Review: Hatoyama Kaikan (Bunkyo-ku)," November 18, 2008.
- 東京都立工芸高等学校. "東京都立工芸高等学校". Kogei-h.metro.tokyo.jp. Retrieved 2012-06-26.
- "東京都立小石川高等学校・東京都立小石川中等教育学校". Koishikawa-h.metro.tokyo.jp. Retrieved 2012-06-26.
- "竹早高校 ウェブページ". Takehaya-h.metro.tokyo.jp. Retrieved 2012-06-26.
- "東京都立文京盲学校のホームページ". Bunkyo-sb.metro.tokyo.jp. Retrieved 2012-06-26.
Media related to Bunkyo, Tokyo at Wikimedia Commons
- Bunkyō City official website in English