Bunny Yeager at the Miami Book Fair International in 2012
|Born||March 13, 1930
Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Born in Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania, U.S. Yeager became one of the most photographed models in Miami. After retiring from modeling, she began her career behind the camera. She met Bettie Page in 1954, and took most of the photographs of her that year. Along with photographer Irving Klaw, Yeager played a role in helping to make Page famous, particularly with her photos in Playboy magazine. Yeager is also credited with discovering the model Lisa Winters. Following Page's retirement, Yeager remained a successful photographer. She took the well-known still images of Ursula Andress on the beach in the 1962 James Bond film Dr. No, and discovered many other notable models. In 1968 she played the role of a Swedish masseuse opposite Frank Sinatra in Lady In Cement.
Yeager was played by Sarah Paulson in the 2005 film The Notorious Bettie Page. She was also featured on a CNN story about the 60th anniversary of the bikini. In the 1950s Mrs. Yeager appeared on America's Number One Game Show, What's My Line, and she stumped the panel.
In 2005, Cult Epics released the DVD 100 Girls by Bunny Yeager, a documentary with behind-the-scenes footage on Yeager's photo sessions with Page and other pin-up models.
In early 2010, the Warhol Museum held the first exhibition of Bunny's work. Most of the photographs in the exhibit came from Bunny's book "How I Photograph Myself" published by A.S.Barnes & Co. in 1964.
In 2011, the Schuster Gallery (Berlin/Miami) became the official representative of the photographic artwork of Bunny.
- 100 Girls by Bunny Yeager. A.S.Barnes, 1965
- How I photograph Myself by Bunny Yeager. NY A.S. Barnes 1964
- How I Photograph Nudes by Bunny Yeager. NY A. S. Barnes 1963
- Camera in the Caribbean by Bunny Yeager. Louisville, Whitestone Pubs: 1965
- Bunny Yeager's New Photo Discoveries by Bunny Yeager
- A B C's of Figure Photography by Bunny Yeager
- How to Photograph the Figure by Bunny Yeager. Louisville, Whitestone: 1963
- How to Take Figure Photos by Bunny Yeager. Louisville, Whitestone: 1962
- Bunny Yeager's Photo Studies by Bunny Yeager. . Louisville, Whitestone: 1960 [Also 1963, abridged]
- Photographing the Female Figure by Bunny Yeager. Greenwich, Fawcett: 1957
- The Art of Glamour Photography by Bunny Yeager. Amphoto: 1962
- Drawing the Human Figure using Photographs by Bunny Yeager. NY, A.S. Barnes: 1965
- Camera in Jamaica by Bunny Yeager, A. S. Barnes & Company, South Brunswick: (1967)
- Bettie Page Confidential, St. Martin's Press (1994) ISBN 0-312-10940-7
- Bunny Yeager's Bikini Girls of the 1950s, Schiffer Publishing (2004) ISBN 0-7643-2002-5
- Bunny Yeager's Flirts of the Fifties, Schiffer Publishing (2007) ISBN 0-7643-2637-6
- Bunny Yeager's Darkroom: Pin-up Photography's Golden Era, by Petra Mason (Author), Dita Von Teese (Introduction) (2012)