|Motto||Sukho Paññā Paṭilābho (Pali)|
Motto in English
|Gaining Intellectual Knowledge Brings Happiness.|
|Established||8 July 1955 as Bangsaen College of Education
29 July 1990 as Burapha University
|President||Professor Sompong Pongthai, MD|
|Location||Bangsaen, Chonburi, Thailand
|Symbolic tree||Coconut Tree|
|Colours||Gray – Gold|
Burapha University (BUU) (Thai: มหาวิทยาลัยบูรพา) is one of Thailand's major public universities located in the coastal town of Bangsaen, Chonburi Province, established on 8 July 1955 originated from Bangsaen Educational College which was the first regional tertiary educational institute. The university offers degrees in more than 50 programs of study, including 75 master's programs, three Ed.D. programs, and 22 PhD programs.
Burapha University currently has three campus.:
- Burapha University, Chonburi Campus, Mueang District, Chonburi Province established in 1955.
- Burapha University, Chanthaburi Campus, Ta-Mai District, Chanthaburi Province established in 1996.
- Burapha University, Sakaeo Campus, Wattana Nakorn District, Sa Kaeo Province established in 1997.
The University colors are gray and gold. Gray means progress of intellectual knowledge, while gold means morality. The colors represent University's commitment to the intellectual knowledge and morality.
The university began as Bangsaen Educational College established on 8 July 1955, the first tertiary educational institution outside of Bangkok established to encourage teacher education. There were 41 first generation students.
In 1956 the college received Piboonbumpen School from the Division of General Education to be a demonstration school of the college and renamed it "Piboonbumpen" Demonstration School.
In 1984, when the Prasarnmitr College of Education in Bangkok was upgraded to university level and named Srinakharinwirot University, Bangsaen Educational College was included as a branch campus and started to offer degrees besides teacher education.In 1988, the cabinet was agreed to transform its status to become a new university and In 1990, as a result of the implementation the Thai government's Eastern Seaboard Development Project to industrialize the area, the Bangsaen Campus was upgraded to full university level and renamed Burapha University, which means "University of the East".
For more effective pedagogical management; for instance, Chanthaburi Campus was established in 1996 and one year later Sakaeo Campus was established.
Aside from its status as a government university, many students are drawn to the institution due to its location in Bangsaen, a resort destination popular with Thai tourists (particularly day visitors from Bangkok) that remains relatively unknown to foreign visitors.
In addition, the university contains service centers such as the Institute of Marine Science, whose aquarium is a major tourist attraction, the Library Center, the Academic Services Center, the Computer Center, and the University Hospital, which provides extensive medical services to the surrounding community.
Faculty, College and School
Burapha University has three campuses, which together cover about 1,353.35 acres (5.48 km2) of land. Burapha University consists of Twenty-Two faculties, One college and One School.
Burapha University, Chonburi Campus
- Faculty of Abhibhubejr Thai Traditional Medicine
- Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineer
- Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts
- Faculty of Geo-Informatics
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Informatics
- Faculty of Logistics
- Faculty of Management and Tourism
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Political Science and Law
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Public Health
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Sport Science
- Burapha University International College
- Graduate School of Public Administration
- Graduate School of Commerce
Burapha University, Chanthaburi Campus
Burapha University, Sakaeo Campus
- Burapha University Hospital
- Institute of Marine Science
- Institute for Research in Culture and the Arts
- Institute for Burapha Linux
- Language Institute
- Korean Studies Center
- Eastern Region Center Space Technology and Geo-Informatics
- Vocational Education Demonstration School
- Piboonbumpen Demonstration School (K-12)
- Office of the Register, Burapha University. . Last updated 28 September 2013