Burden of a Day
|Burden of a Day|
|Also known as||BOAD|
|Origin||Sarasota, Florida, United States|
|Genres||Post-hardcore, metalcore, screamo|
|Labels||Blood & Ink Records (2005-2007)
Burden of a Day was an American post-hardcore band, from Sarasota, Florida, United States, formed in January 2000. They were formally signed to Rise Records before their breakup. Some of their influences include the likes of Thrice, The Bled, All That Remains. They recently had their last show in Sarasota on March 6. Burden of a Day started as a worship band in church, until they were moved to reach out to people with their music.
Most of the members of Burden of a Day are still together, working on their new, untitled album. These members include Morgan, Terry and Kyle. The upcoming album will be released under a new band name and with a fresh style of music. This band is called Colours and currently have three songs released on YouTube: "The Illusionist", "The Machine", and "The Passenger".
The band formed in 2000 and signed to independent label Blood & Ink Records in 2005 for their debut full-length, which followed in 2006. They toured extensively before signing to Rise Records for their 2008 release, Blessed Be Our Ever After.
- Final lineup
- Kyle Tamosaitis - lead vocals (2008–2010)
- Josh Sommers - guitars, backing vocals (2004–2010)
- Mike Sommers - guitars, backing vocals (2007–2010)
- Morgan Alley - drums (2009–2010)
- Terry Clark - bass guitar, backing vocals (2004–2010)
- Chris Scott - drums (2009–2010)
- Kendall Knepp - lead vocals (2004–2008)
- Jesse Hostetler - drums (2004–2009)
- Bryan Honhart - guitar (2000–2007) - Last original member.
- Burden of a Day (Independent, 2003)
- Pilots & Paper Planes (Blood & Ink Records, 2006)
- Blessed Be Our Ever After (Rise Records, 2008)
- OneOneThousand (Rise Records, 2009)
- "Featured Content on Myspace". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- "Burden of a Day Split... Sort Of". Sputnikmusic.com. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- Keagan Ilvonen. "Change Up With Burden Of A Day - News Article". AbsolutePunk.net. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- Christian Band Burden of a Day Blessed With Early Success. Sarasota Herald-Tribune, September 16, 2005.
- "Burden Of A Day, "Pilots & Paper Planes" Review". Jesusfreakhideout.com. 2006-05-09. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- Eduardo Rivadavia. "Burden of a Day | Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- "Blessed Be Our Ever After, Burden Of A Day". Clevelandleader.com. 2008-05-01. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- "Archive | Las Vegas Review-Journal". Docs.newsbank.com. 2006-03-08. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- "Christian Albums: Top Praise Music Chart". Billboard.com. 2009-05-30. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- "Heatseekers Albums: Up and Coming Musicians Chart". Billboard.com. 2009-05-30. Retrieved 2015-04-01.