From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Burdett (disambiguation).
|Municipal district||County of Forty Mile No. 8|
|• Governing body||County of Forty Mile No. 8|
|• MP||LaVar Payne|
|• MLA||Drew Barnes|
|• Total||2.08 km2 (0.80 sq mi)|
|• Density||127.0/km2 (329/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Postal code span||TOK 0J0|
Burdett is a hamlet in Alberta, Canada within the County of Forty Mile No. 8. It is located approximately 71 kilometres (44 mi) west of Medicine Hat and 97 kilometres (60 mi) east of Lethbridge on Highway 3.
- Harry Edwin Strom (July 7, 1914–October 2, 1984) was a Canadian politician of Swedish descent, who served as Premier of Alberta between 1968 and 1971, and was born in Burdett.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2010-04-01). "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities". Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- Alberta Queen's Printer (1913-07-15). "Burdett Notice". Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- Alberta Queen's Printer (2003-11-05). "Order in Council (O.C.) 507/2002". Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- Statistics Canada. "2001 Community Profiles - Burdett, Alberta". Retrieved 2010-06-25.
|Grassy Lake||Bow Island|