From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up burgher in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Burgher may refer to:
- A citizen of a borough or town, especially one belonging to the middle class
- A resident of a burgh in northern Britain
- A Grand Burgher (German Großbürger/Großbürgerin), historical German title acquired or inherited by persons and family descendants of the ruling class in autonomous German-speaking cities and towns of Central Europe, origin under the Holy Roman Empire, ceased after 1919 along with all titles of German nobility
- In medieval European cities, a social class from which city officials could be drawn; see Medieval bourgeoisie
- More loosely, a member of the urban middle class or the bourgeoisie
- Burgher people, an ethnic group that formed during the colonization of Sri Lanka
- Michelle Burgher, Jamaican track and field athlete
- An enfranchised citizen of the South African Republic
- A member of the United Secession Church who subscribed to the Burgher Oath
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Burgher.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Burgher. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|