From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up burgher in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Burgher may refer to:
- A citizen of a borough or town, especially one belonging to the middle class
- A resident of a burgh in northern Britain
- Grand Burgher, a historical German title
- In medieval European cities, a social class from which city officials could be drawn; see Medieval bourgeoisie
- More loosely, a member of the urban middle class or the bourgeoisie
- Burgher (Church history), a member of the United Secession Church who subscribed to the Burgher Oath
- Burgher people, an ethnic group that formed during the colonization of Sri Lanka
- Michelle Burgher, Jamaican track and field athlete
- An enfranchised citizen of the South African Republic
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Burgher.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.