Map of Pangasinan showing the location of Burgos
|Region||Ilocos (Region I)|
|District||1st district of Pangasinan|
|• Mayor||Alberto R. Guiang Jr.|
|• Total||131.32 km2 (50.70 sq mi)|
|• Density||140/km2 (360/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||4th class; rural|
Burgos is a fourth-class municipality in the province of Pangasinan, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 18,315 people. Burgos was founded as an independent town in 1830 by the early Ilocanos from Paoay, Ilocos Norte headed by Don Matias Guiang. As the settlement grew thickly populated and extensive, Don Matias Guiang led a petition to the Governor of Zambales to create a new town out of the settlement. The request was granted and the new town was named San Isidro which was finally renamed Burgos, after the Filipino martyr priest who was executed during the Spanish regime.The town of Burgos was ceded to the Province of Pangasin|an by virtue of Public Act No. 1004 dated November 30, 1903 of the Philippine Commission.
THE 14 BARANGAYS OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF BURGOS
- Ilio-ilio (Iliw-iliw)
- Don Matias
- San Miguel
- San Pascual
- San Vicente
- Sapa Grande
- Sapa Pequeña
|Population census of Burgos|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Province: PANGASINAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Province of Pangasinan". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Burgos, Pangasinan.|
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|West Philippine Sea||Mabini|
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|