Burleigh, New Jersey
|Burleigh, New Jersey|
Map of the former Whitesboro-Burleigh CDP in Cape May County. Inset: Location of Cape May County in New Jersey.
|• Total||1.550 sq mi (4.015 km2)|
|• Land||1.518 sq mi (3.932 km2)|
|• Water||0.032 sq mi (0.083 km2) 2.07%|
|Elevation||10 ft (3 m)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|• Density||477.5/sq mi (184.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern (EDT) (UTC-4)|
|ZIP code||08210 - Cape May|
|GNIS feature ID||02583977|
Burleigh is a census-designated place (CDP) and unincorporated community located within Middle Township in Cape May County, New Jersey, United States; Until the 2000 Census the area had been part of the Whitesboro-Burleigh CDP, which was split in 2010 into separate CDPs for Burleigh and Whitesboro. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDP's population was 725.
Burleigh is located at United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 1.550 square miles (4.015 km2), of which, 1.518 square miles (3.932 km2) of it is land and 0.032 square miles (0.083 km2) of it (2.07%) is water.(39.047486,-74.846665). According to the
|Population sources: 2010|
At the 2010 United States Census, there were 725 people, 270 households, and 180.1 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 477.5 per square mile (184.4 /km2). There were 321 housing units at an average density of 211.4 per square mile (81.6 /km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 72.69% (527) White, 15.59% (113) Black or African American, 0.00% (0) Native American, 3.17% (23) Asian, 0.28% (2) Pacific Islander, 5.66% (41) from other races, and 2.62% (19) from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 13.66% (99) of the population.
There were 270 households, of which 28.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.0% were married couples living together, 10.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.3% were non-families. 26.7% of all households were made up of individuals, and 9.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.69 and the average family size was 3.30.
In the CDP, 24.8% of the population were under the age of 18, 10.3% from 18 to 24, 21.1% from 25 to 44, 28.7% from 45 to 64, and 15.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39.9 years. For every 100 females there were 90.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.6 males.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 13, 2013.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Burleigh Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed October 18, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Burleigh CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed October 18, 2012.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Burleigh, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed October 18, 2012.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, August 2012, pg. III-3. Accessed October 18, 2012. "Cape May County—New CDPs: Belleplain, Burleigh (formed from part of deleted Whitesboro-Burleigh CDP and additional area), and Whitesboro (formed from part of deleted Whitesboro-Burleigh CDP); Deleted CDPs: Whitesboro-Burleigh (split to form all of Whitesboro and part of Burleigh CDPs)."
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.