|Directed by||Anders Østergaard|
|Produced by||Lise Lense-Møller Com: Magic Hour Films Line: Cecilia Valsted Ass.: Lars Frederiksen|
|Written by||Anders Østergaard,
|Starring||The Burma VJs|
|Music by||Conny C-A Malmqvist|
|Editing by||Janus Billeskov & Thomas Papapetros|
|Distributed by||Dogwoof Pictures (UK), Oscilloscope Laboratories (US)|
|Running time||84 mins|
Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country is a 2008 Danish documentary film directed by Anders Østergaard. It follows the September 2007 protests against the military regime in Burma. The "VJ" in the title stands for "video journalists." Some of it was filmed on hand-held cameras. The footage was smuggled out of the country, physically or over the Internet. Other parts of it were reconstructed, which caused controversy.
Awards and nominations
The film won numerous awards, especially at European film festivals, e.g. it won the Golden Apricot at the 2009 Yerevan International Film Festival, Armenia, for Best Documentary Film.  It won the World Cinema Documentary Film Editing Award at the Sundance Film Festival. Burma VJ was also nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature.
The film was released to one theater on 20 May 2009 and grossed $5,554 in the opening weekend. Its widest release was in three theaters. As of 1 May 2010, the total gross stands at $123,477.
- Thomas, Kevin (29 May 2009). "'Burma VJ' vividly details monk uprising". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 30 May 2009.
- Burma VJ: Reporting From A Closed Country
- Bass, Charlie (28 May 2009). "FILM REVIEW: Burma VJ: Reporting From a Closed Country". The Indypendent. Retrieved 30 May 2009.
- Marshall, Andrew (29 January 2009). "Burma VJ: Truth As Casualty". TIME magazine. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- San Francisco Film Society, "Golden Gate Award 2009 Winners". Retrieved 3 July 2009.
- Variety, Mundell, Ian (1 December 2008). "'Burma VJ' wins Amsterdam prize". Variety. Retrieved 3 July 2009.
- 2009 Sundance Film Festival sundance.org
- 'Burma VJ' gets Best Documentary Oscar nod
- "Box Office Mojo". Retrieved 3 July 2009.
- DVD Oscilloscope Pictures OSC-012, 2010.