BurrellesLuce provides media relations planning, monitoring, and measurement services.
Founded in 1888 by Frank Burrelle and Robert Luce, BurrellesLuce is one of many media monitoring service providers in the United States. This company’s CEO and chairman is Robert C. Waggoner. BurrellesLuce is headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey and has offices throughout the United States.
- In 1888, Burrelle’s Press Clipping Bureau was founded by Frank Burrelle in New York City. At the same time, Robert Luce founded Luce Press Clippings in Boston.
- In 1935, Burrelle’s achieved national newspaper coverage.
- Sixteen years later in 1951, Southwest Clippings, operated by the French family, purchased Luce Press Clippings from Harvard, which had owned the business after Luce’s death in 1946.
- In 1963, Luce Press Clippings purchased Henry Romeike Press Clippings, the world's oldest press clipping service which was established in London in 1852
- In 1977, Burrelle’s introduced television tapes and transcripts.
- In 1984, Burrelle’s created Express to send the day’s headlines and brief news summaries to executives via fax machine.
- In 1994, Burrelle’s introduced NewsAlert, an online news monitoring service.
- In 2003, Burrelle’s Information Service and Luce Press Clippings merged, forming what is known today as BurrellesLuce.
- In 2007, BurrellesLuce introduced a new web portal called BurrellesLuce 2.0.
- In 2008 BurrellesLuce compiled a ranking chart showing the circulation of the top 100 newspapers, blogs, and consumer magazines.
For more information on the history of BurrellesLuce please visit 
- http://www.burrellesluce.com/node/17 "BurrellesLuce: About Us", 2008
- http://www.burrellesluce.com/company/history "BurrellesLuce: History", 2008
- http://www.burrellesluce.com/services/media_monitoring/burrellesluce_2.0 "BurrellesLuce: 2.0", 2008
- http://www.burrellesluce.com//resources/top_media_outlets?cid=tpm_FL_SYU1Q5X2 "BurrellesLuce: Top Media", 2008
|This United States media company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|