|Province of Turkey|
Location of Bursa Province in Turkey
|• Total||11,043 km2 (4,264 sq mi)|
|• Density||240/km2 (610/sq mi)|
Bursa Province (Turkish: Bursa ili) is a province in Turkey, along the Sea of Marmara coast in northwestern Anatolia. Its adjacent provinces are Balıkesir to the west, Kütahya to the south, Bilecik and Sakarya to the east, Kocaeli to the northeast and Yalova to the north. The province has an area of 11,043 km2 and a population of 3,187,000 (2010 est). Its population was 2,125,140 according to the 2000 census. In 1990 it had a population of 1,603,137. The traffic code is 16.
The vast majority of the Bursa Province districts (and the city of Bursa) are located within the Marmara Region; but the districts of Büyükorhan, Harmancık, Keles and Orhaneli are located within the Aegean Region.
The city of Bursa was the capital of the Ottoman State between 1326 and 1365, until the Ottoman conquest of Edirne (Adrianople) which became the new Ottoman capital between 1365 and 1453 (the year when Istanbul (Constantinople) became the final Ottoman capital until 1923.)
- Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces
- (English) Pictures of the capital of this province
- (English) Bursa Weather Forecast Information
- (Turkish) Bursa city sport portal, Bursa
- (Turkish) Gokoz Village, Bursa
- (Turkish) Golyaka Village - orhangazi pictures and information, Bursa
- (English) Bursa travel & tourism