Burstwick shown within the East Riding of Yorkshire
|Population||1,924 (2011 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|- London||155 mi (249 km) S|
|Unitary authority||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Ceremonial county||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Region||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|UK Parliament||Beverley and Holderness|
Some low lying parts of Burstwick were affected by the June 2007 floods which hit most of the country. Several properties were vacated while repair work took place.
Burstwick contains a public house, the Hare and Hounds, a village shop and post office, and a fish and chip shop, all situated on the main street. Village businesses and services include a petrol station and car garage. An 18-hole golf course is 1 mile (1.6 km) away.
The local primary school is Burstwick Community Primary School.
- "Key Figures for 2011 Census: Key Statistics: Area: Burstwick CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "2001 Census: Key Statistics: Parish Headcounts: Area: Burstwick CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 15 May 2008.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- English Heritage. "Church of All Saints (1366240)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- Gazetteer — A–Z of Towns Villages and Hamlets. East Riding of Yorkshire Council. 2006. p. 4.
Media related to Burstwick at Wikimedia Commons
- Burstwick in the Domesday Book
- Burstwick Parish Council
- Burstwick United - A recent addition to the community after recent events which led to flooding.