Burying the Ex
|Burying the Ex|
|Directed by||Joe Dante|
|Produced by||Carl Effenson
|Written by||Alan Trezza|
|Music by||Joseph LoDuca|
|Edited by||Marshall Harvey|
Max is dating the overbearing Evelyn who he's afraid to break up with. When she's killed in a freak accident, he falls in love with Olivia, with whom he is much better suited. However Evelyn rises from the grave.
- Anton Yelchin as Max
- Ashley Greene as Evelyn
- Alexandra Daddario as Olivia
- Oliver Cooper as Travis
- Archie Hahn as Chuck
- Mark Alan as Goth Bartender
- Gabrielle Christian as Coco
- Mindy Robinson as Mindy
- Dick Miller as Grumpy Cop
The film is based on a short film by Alan Trezza, who expanded it into a feature film script. According to an interview with director Joe Dante in 2014:
I met Alan several years ago, got the script for the feature, which was not substantially different from the one we shot. I thought it was funny and different. Cut forward five years. Unexpectedly, after another project fell through, money appeared so we could make the movie, but we had to shoot cheaply and quickly. We shot in 20 days and it was a lot of fun, a hectic shoot, but there was a lot to do. We were clever about our locations and shooting all within the same area of town... The four leads are really fun and creative and brought a lot to the table.
Principal photography began November 17, 2013 and ended December 19, 2013.
Dante said the film was "very EC Comics, but it’s not a comic book movie, I think the characters are a little bit more real... I was left alone in terms of creativity. I think this is film for my fan’s for sure."
- "International competition of feature films". Venice. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- "Venice Film Festival Lineup Announced". Deadline. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- "Exclusive Interview: Joe Dante Talks to Us About Burying the Ex" by Ryan Turek Shock Til You Drop 3 Sept 2014 accessed 14 Sept 2014
- Image Entertainment and Joe Dante Burying the Ex on VOD
- Joe Dante’s ‘Burying the Ex’ Resurrected On VOD