|Author||James Moore and Wayne Slater|
|Publisher||John Wiley & Sons, Inc.|
Bush's Brain: How Karl Rove Made George W. Bush Presidential is a book by James Moore and Wayne Slater that chronicles the political career of Karl Rove and the role he has played in the elections of George W. Bush, both when running for Governor of Texas and for President. It was published in 2003 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ISBN 0-471-47140-2.
In 2004, a documentary film was directed and produced by Joseph Mealey and Michael Paradies Shoob with the shortened title, Bush's Brain. In that film, a series of political insiders of both major parties suggest that Karl Rove, President George W. Bush's closest advisor, has almost single-handedly shaped United States executive branch policies, since the days when George W. Bush was running for Governor of Texas. The documentary film, available on DVD (DVD release date: February 15, 2005, run time: 80 minutes), is narrated by Jacques Vroom, Jr. and contains a soundtrack featuring the music of singer-songwriter political activist, Michelle Shocked.
Moore and Slater have followed up that book, after the 2004 Presidential election, with Rove Exposed: How Bush's Brain Fooled America (2005) ISBN 0-471-78708-6.
Filmed and narrated in the style of a detective story, the film investigates events that occurred during election.
In one of the film's early scenes, the film contends that Karl Rove, with Republican Bill Clements as his client in a Texas gubernatorial race, contacted the FBI after finding a hidden microphone-transmitter in his office. Following the announcement of the bugging of Rove's office, Bill Clements won the election over the Democratic incumbent, Mark White.
Other Works By Authors
James Moore and Wayne Slater
- The Architect: Karl Rove and the Dream of Absolute Power ISBN 0-307-23793-1
- Rove Exposed: How Bush's Brain Fooled America ISBN 0-471-78708-6
- James C. Moore and Wayne Slater, Bush's Brain: How Karl Rove Made George W. Bush Presidential, book from John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2003, ISBN 0-471-47140-2.
- James C. Moore and Wayne Slater, Rove Exposed: How Bush's Brain Fooled America (2005), ISBN 0-471-78708-6.
- Joseph Mealey and Michael Paradies Shoob, "Bush's Brain, film, 2004.
- Joseph Mealey and Michael Paradies Shoob Bush's Brain (film DVD), Studio: Tla Entertainment Group, DVD release date: February 15, 2005, run time: 80 minutes, ASIN: B000B5XP2E.
- Stephen Holden, "FILM REVIEW; Postulating a Dark Side to a Bush Operative's Work," The New York Times, August 27, 2004, web: "Bush's Brain - Review - Movie" (accessed 2006-09-13).