|Irish: Muileann na Buaise|
Bushmills shown within Northern Ireland
|Population||1,319 (2001 Census)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Northern Ireland|
|UK Parliament||North Antrim|
|NI Assembly||North Antrim|
Bushmills is a village on the north coast of County Antrim, Northern Ireland. Bushmills had 1,319 inhabitants in the 2001 Census. It is located 95 km from Belfast, 10 km from Ballycastle and 15 km from Coleraine. The village owes its name to the River Bush and to a large watermill that was built there in the early 17th century.
- 19.9% were aged under 16 and 22.1% were aged 60 and over
- 49.2% of the population were male and 50.8% were female
In popular music 
Places of interest 
The village is best known as the location of the Old Bushmills Distillery, founded in 1608, which is the oldest licensed distillery in the world. The distillery's range includes the Bushmills Original and Black Bush blends and the 10, 12, 16, and 21 year old Bushmills Single Malts.
The world famous Giant's Causeway which attracts over two million visitors per year is also located a short distance away, being located 2 miles (3 km) north of the town. There is a narrow-gauge steam train running in the summer from Bushmills to the Giant's Causeway.
Bushmills railway station opened on 28 January 1883, but finally closed on 1 October 1949.
Railway Access 
The Belfast-Derry railway line run by Northern Ireland Railways connects to Coleraine and along the branch line to Portrush. Local Ulsterbus provide connections to the railway stations. There is a scenic walk of 7 miles from Portrush alongside Dunluce Castle and the Giant's Causeway and Bushmills Railway.
Twin towns 
Schools in the area include Dunluce school and Bushmills Primary School
- Dunluce Castle US NI Department of the Environment. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- Placenames Database of Ireland
- NI Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) (ie with a population between 1,000 and 2,250 people.)
- NI Neighbourhood Information Service
- "Bushmills station". Railscot - Irish Railways. Retrieved 2007-09-13.
- "Sister Cities Online Directory: UK, Europe." Sister Cities International. Retrieved on March 26, 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Bushmills|
|This article related to the geography of County Antrim, Northern Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|