|Founders||David P. Bushnell|
|Headquarters||Simmons Outdoor Corporation-Thomasville, GA
HQ & all other subsidiaries-Overland Park, KS, 9200 Cody Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66214-1734, United States
|Number of locations||2|
|Key people||Blake Lipham, President & CEO
Chuck Gessler, CFO
|Products||binoculars, telescopes, firearm scopes, flashlights, GPS devices, holographic weapon sights, sunglasses, laser rangefinders, night vision devices, speed gun, spotting scopes, trail cameras, Travel Tunes, WeatherFX|
|Subsidiaries||Bollé Performance Eyewear
Browning Sports Optics
Simmons Outdoor Corporation
Bushnell Golf Europe
Bushnell Trophy Cam Community
Bushnell Corporation, also known as Bushnell and Bushnell Outdoor Products, is an American company specializing in optics and imaging. Its products include binoculars, spotting scopes, telescopes, night vision equipment, GPS devices, laser rangefinders, riflescopes, holographic weapon sights, game cameras and other high-end optical equipment. The company also sells Bollé Performance Eyewear ski goggles and sunglasses (which includes the H20 Optix sunglasses brand), and Serengeti Eyewear all-purpose sunglasses.
|This section requires expansion. (February 2013)|
In 1999, Bushnell was acquired by private equity firm Wind Point Partners. In 2007, Bushnell was acquired by MidOcean Partners, another private equity firm, which acquired it in a leveraged recapitalization. The said private equity firm is being led by CEO Ted Virtue.
On Sept. 5, 2013, Alliant Techsystems announced it had entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Bushnell. Under the terms of the transaction, ATK paid $985 million in cash, subject to customary post-closing adjustments. 
Bushnell Outdoor Products is the parent company of these brands:
- Rifle scopes: Bushnell has a variety of rifle scopes and won an Editors Choice award in 2007 for their Elite 4200 6-24x40 scope from Outdoor Life magazine.
- Binoculars: Bushnell makes a wide variety of binoculars and was awarded the Best Buy award from Outdoor Life magazine in 2005 for their Browning Sports optics binoculars and in 2006 for their Legend binoculars.
- Game cameras
- Night vision
- Simmons Optics, a line of rifle scopes, binoculars, and other optical products.
Bushnell produces WeatherFX personal weather stations called the FX3, FX5, and FX7 for hikers, campers, and others who can use it to keep informed of potentially hazardous weather issues while away from home.
Two GPS products were created by Bushnell in 2006 that are the first GPS devices to allow the use of aerial and satellite imagery to be integrated into the display. They also have integrated XM radio to provide real-time weather data and can overlay weather maps and weather radar info. In 2007 the Onix 400 GPS unit won the "Best of the Best" award from Field & Stream magazine.
Bushnell also has a line of simple GPS devices called Backtrack. They allow users to set up to 5 locations (depending on the model), and forget about the device until they have to return. The device then utilizes a digital compass and basic GPS technology to return to the set location. The current line of Backtrack Devices includes the Original Backtrack, the Backtrack Point 3, and the Backtrack Point 5.
- "Wind Point Partners". Wppartners.com. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- MidOcean Partners and Management Announce Acquisition Of Bushnell Outdoor Products, Inc. from Wind Point Partners, a Press release from bushnell.com
- Bushnell Acquires Simmons from skinnymoose.com
- ATK Completes Acquisition of Bushnell Group Holdings, Inc
- "Bushnell Performance Optics". Bushnell Performance Optics. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Simmons Optics". Simmons Optics. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Millett Sights". Millett Sights. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Blackwater Gear: A PREreview
- "Bollé Performance Eyewear". Bolle.com. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Browning Sports Optics". Browning Sports Optics. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Bushnell Golf". Bushnell Golf. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Butler Creek". Butler Creek. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Hoppe’s". Hoppes.com. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Serengeti Eyewear". Serengeti Eyewear. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Stoney Point". Stoney Point. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Tasco". Tasco. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Uncle Mike’s". Uncle-mikes.com. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Uncle Mikes Law Enforcement". UncleMikesLE.com. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Bushnell Optics Recognized For Excellence, Value By Outdoor Life Magazine Outdoor Wire Newsletter, April 18, 2007
- Elite 4200 6-24x40 Earns Editor's Choice Award From Outdoor Life Magazine at Bushnell web site
- "Outdoor Life 2006 Best Buy Award" at Bushnell web site
- Outdoor Wire Newsletter April 18, 2007
- Meade Instruments Announces Sale of Simmons Brand Retrieved June 14, 2008
- Meade Instruments sells Simmons brand, assets Retrieved June 13, 2008
- Holosight at Bushnell web site
- The Bushnell HOLOsight: It's Not Just for Handguns Anymore! By Russell E. Taylor, SniperCountry, 1999
- Holo Gets Smaller and Lighter for Rimfires - Bushnell HoloSight for guns by Clair Rees, Guns Magazine, May 2000
- Bushnell Holosight II by Charles E. Petty, American Handgunner, September 2000
- "New in equipment: WeatherFX stations" in Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, October 28, 2007
- Charlie Anderson, "Bushnell looks to find a place in the crowded GPS market" (December 1, 2006). Kansas City Business Journal.
- More on Bushnell ONIX 400 at Navigadget February 23, 2007
- Bushnell ONIX 400 CR at GPSreview.net
- New ONIX 400 GPS Receives “Best of the Best” Award From Editors At Field & Stream Magazine[dead link]
- Outdoor Wire Newsletter August 16, 2007
- "Bushnell Launches Pint-Sized Backtrack GPS Point 3 And 5". GeekyGadgets. Retrieved 26 August 2010.