12 June 1982
|Occupation||Lawyer, Academic, writer|
|Alma mater||Namilyango college|
|Notable work(s)||Poetry In Motion|
Busingye Kabumba (born 21 June 1982) is a Ugandan lawyer and poet. He is a Lecturer-in-Law, Human Rights and Peace Centre (HURIPEC), at tha Faculty of Law, Makerere University and a Consulting Partner with M/S Development Law Associates. His poetry collection,Whispers of My Soul, won first prize in the published works category at the National Book Trust of Uganda (NABOTU) awards of 2002. The publication of this book in 2001 when he was 19 years old made him the youngest Ugandan poet ever to publish a whole collection of poetry.
Early life and education
Kabakumba was born on June 21, 1982 to Professor Ijuka Kabumba and Mrs Bazaire Kabumba, who are both teachers. He is the fourth in a family of five. He went to St Kizito primary school, Namilyango college for his "O" levels and King's College Budo for his "A" levels. He graduated with an LL.B from Makerere University. After graduating from the Law Development Centre with a post-graduate diploma in legal practice in July 2006, Busingye studied a bachelor of civil law degree at University of Oxford. He later did a master of laws Harvard University.
- Whispers of My Soul. Nyonyi Publishing Company. 2001.
- The Illusion of the Ugandan Constitution africlaw.com. Retrieved May 5,2014.
- Busingye Kabumba academia.edu. Retrieved May 5,2014.
- Uganda: Images From Kabumba's Soul allafrica.com. Retrieved May 5,2014.
- "Whispers of My Soul", The Monitor, 2 October 2002.
- Book Awards Database indiana.edu. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Monica Arac de Nyeko "Young poet bursts with emotion", Sunday Monitor, 19 August 2002.
- A simple man with an academic giant’s profile observer.ug. Retrieved May 27, 201.
- PROJECT SUCCESS: It was a family affair for the Kabumbas monitor.co.ug. Retrieved May 5,2014.