|Busoga University (BU)|
|Motto||"Center of Academic Excellence"|
|Chancellor||Bishop Dr. Michael Kyomya|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. David Lameck Kibikyo|
The main campus of Busoga University is located in the town of Iganga, approximately 41 kilometres (25 mi), by road, northeast of the city of Jinja, on the highway between Jinja and Tororo. The coordinates of Busoga University Campus are:0°35'29.0"N, 33°27'32.0"E (Latitude:0.591389; Longitude:33.458889).
- Jinja Campus - Jinja
- Kamuli Campus - Buwaiswa, Kamuli District
- Downtown Campus - Downtown Iganga
- Bugiri Campus - Bugiri
- Kaliro Campus - Kaliro
- Pallisa Campus -Pallisa
- Bugembe Campus - Bugembe - “Bishop Hannington School of Divinity and Theology (BHSDT)’’, a constituent School of Busoga University.
Busoga University was founded in 1999, following the issuance of a tertiary institutional license by the Ministry of Education and Sports. The university is a non-profit organization.
On 23 February 1993, Busoga College Mwiri’s Board of Governors, under the leadership of Bishop Cyprian K. Bamwoze passed a resolution to establish a university on the same hill and requested Busoga Diocesan Council and the House of Bishops to become the foundation body of the anticipated university. On 19 November 1994, a University Formation Task Force (UFTF) was appointed "to map out the process of establishing BU" and on 21 April 1995, it presented its report to the Bishop. On 6 May 1995, the Bishop inaugurated BU in the presence of His Royal Highness the Kyabazinga of Busoga, Henry Wako Muloki. Soon after, Busoga Diocese surrendered its Iganga land and buildings of Bishop Hannington Theological College to BU, and on 30 July, BU received its interim license. On 12 February 1999, BU opened its gates to students.
Vision and Mission
VISION: The vision of Busoga University is to become a center of academic excellence, and an agent of social and economic development of the region and the country as a whole.
MISSION: To provide suitable avenues and the environment that facilitates our community to participate in higher learning, education, training and research for development.
The university offers certificate, diploma, undergraduate and post-graduate courses in the following disciplines:
- Business Management
- Education Management
- Education Resource Management
- Human Resource Management
- Community Policing
- Development Studies
- Guidance & Counseling
- Information Technology
- Mass Communication
- Social Work & Social Administration
- Divinity & Theology
- Environmental Management
- Science Education
- Nursery Teaching
- Public Administration
- Project Planning & Management
- Walukamba G, Aldon (19 September 2012). "Four Busoga University Staff Sent On Forced Leave". Uganda Radio Network (URN). Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- News, . (2014). "New Vice Chancellor, Deputy Vice Chancellor Appointed". Busoga University. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Jinja And Iganga With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- Google, . "Location of Busoga University At Google Maps". Google Maps.
- About Busoga, . (2014). "About Busoga University". Busoga University. Retrieved 29 January 2015.