|Elevation||3,600 ft (1,100 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Busolwe is approximately 48 kilometres (30 mi), by road, southwest of Mbale, the largest city in the sub-region. This is approximately 11 kilometres (7 mi), by road, southwest of Butaleja, the location of the district headquarters. The coordinates of the town are 0°50'57.0"N, 33°55'37.0"E (Latitude:0.849167; Longitude:33.926944).
The 2002 national census recorded the population of Busolwe at 6276. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the town's population at 8,300. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population at 8,500. In 2014, the national population census put the population at 16,730.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are found in Busolwe or near its borders:
- Busolwe Hospital, a 120-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Busolwe central market
- offices of Busolwe Town Council
- Busolwe Public Library
- Lunyole Language Association
- UBOS, . (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Road Distance between Mbale & Busolwe With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Map Sowing Butaleja And Busolwe With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- Google (5 July 2015). "Location of Busolwe At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- UBOS, . (2012). "Estimated Population of Busolwe In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 2 March 2015.