The Bute Building is a Cardiff University building in Cathays Park, Cardiff, Wales. It houses the Welsh School of Architecture and the Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies. It is a Grade II listed building.
The neoclassical building was designed by architects Percy Thomas and Ivor Jones, who won a competition in 1911 to design a building for Cardiff Technical College. The foundations of the building were laid in 1913 and the building opened in 1916. The building has six Roman Doric columns in the front of the building and includes the Birt Acres Lecture Theatre
- "Bute Building". British Listed Buildings. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- "THOMAS, Sir PERCY EDWARD (1883-1969)". National Library of Wales. Retrieved 2009-05-24.
- "The companion guide to Wales By David Barnes". Google Book Search. Retrieved 2009-05-24.
- "INDIN 2009 24-26th June 2009, Cardiff UK". Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Retrieved 2009-05-24.
- "TECHNICAL COLLEGE;BUTE BUILDING;UNIVERSITY OF WALES INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, CATHAYS PARK, CARDIFF". Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales. Retrieved 2009-05-24.
- "Pool Room 1.61, Birt Acres Lecture Theatre, Bute Building". Cardiff University. Retrieved 2009-05-24.
|This article about a Welsh building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|