Butler Township, Montgomery County, Ohio
|Butler Township, Montgomery County, Ohio|
|• Total||20.1 sq mi (52.1 km2)|
|• Land||19.8 sq mi (51.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||965 ft (294 m)|
|• Density||390/sq mi (150/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086664|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships and cities:
- Monroe Township, Miami County - north
- Vandalia - east
- Dayton - southeast
- Harrison Township - south
- Clayton - southwest
- Englewood - west
- Union Township, Miami County - northwest
Three cities are located in what was originally parts of Butler Township:
- Part of Dayton, the county seat of Montgomery County, in the northeast and a smaller portion in the southeast
- Part of Union, in the northwest
- Vandalia, in the east
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Trustees: Mike Lang, Martin Russell, Doug Orange
Fiscal Officer: Mark Adams 
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Butler township, Montgomery County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 28, 2011.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.