Bye, Bye (Jo Dee Messina song)
|Single by Jo Dee Messina|
|from the album I'm Alright|
|Released||January 5, 1998|
|Writer(s)||Rory Michael Bourke, Phil Vassar|
|Jo Dee Messina singles chronology|
"Bye, Bye" is a song written by Rory Michael Bourke and Phil Vassar, and recorded by American country music singer Jo Dee Messina. It was released in January 1998 as the first single from her album I'm Alright, and her first number-one single on both the U.S. and Canadian country charts, spending two weeks at number one on the former. "Bye, Bye" was certified Gold by the RIAA on September 4, 1998, alongside "I'm Alright."
The music video was directed by Jon Small and premiered in early 1998.
"Bye, Bye" debuted at number 59 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of January 17, 1998.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||43|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||17|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 229.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 3540." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. May 4, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Jo Dee Messina Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Jo Dee Messina.
- "Jo Dee Messina Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Jo Dee Messina.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1998". RPM. December 14, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Best of 1998: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
by Trisha Yearwood
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
April 18-April 25, 1998
"You're Still the One"
by Shania Twain
by Faith Hill
|RPM Country Tracks
May 4, 1998
"Two Piña Coladas"
by Garth Brooks
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|