Bye Bye Blues is a 1989 Canadian film. It was written and directed by Anne Wheeler and produced by Alberta Motion Picture Development Corporation with the assistance of Allarcom Limited.
||This section requires expansion. (April 2013)
Set in World War II, Daisy Cooper (Rebecca Jenkins), a woman who joins a jazz band as a singer to provide for her family while her husband Teddy (Michael Ontkean) is serving in the Canadian military. The cast also includes Leslie Yeo, Kate Reid, Wayne Robson, Robyn Stevan, and Stuart Margolin.
The film was nominated for twelve Genie Awards at the 11th Genie Awards in 1990, and won three: Best Actress (Jenkins), Best Supporting Actress (Stevan), and Best Original Song ("When I Sing" by Bill Henderson).
- Main Title
- Jazz Spring
- Theme For Teddy
- Marry Me Daisy
- When I Sing
- Sweet Georgia Brown
- Max's Theme (I Love You Daisy)
- Am I Blue
- Bath Blues
- Unfinished Blues
- Who's Sorry Now
- Home Movie/It's A Plane
- You Made Me Love You
- Blues For Anne
- Bye Bye Blues
- Rebecca Jenkins - vocals
- Produced by Bob Hunka, John McCullough, and George Blondheim
- Music preparation by Laurie Bardsley
- Original film music composed and conducted by George Blondheim
- Mixed by Gary Dere, Paul Shubat, and Hayward Parrott
- Musicians: George Blondheim - piano, Mike Lent - bass, Bob McLaren - drums, Gene Bertoncini - guitar, Bob Stroup - trombone, P.J. Perry - clarinet and saxophone, Gary Guthman - trumpet, Vinod Bhardwaj - bansuri, Damyanti Bhardwaj - tanpura, Hari Sahay - tabla, George Ursan - drums ("When I Sing" and "Sweet Georgia Brown"), Melvin Wilson - guitar ("When I Sing"), Gary Koliger - guitar ("Sweet Georgia Brown"), Wayne Robson - background vocal ("When I Sing"), Wayne Robson, George Blondheim, Luke Reilly, and Stuart Margolin - vocal shouts ("Sweet Georgia Brown")
- Members of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra: James Keene, Broderick Olson, Tom Johnson, Mary Johnson, Richard Caldwell, Hugh Davies, Stephen Bryant, Evan Verchomin, Andrew Bacon, Susan Ekholm, Derek Gomez, Tanya Prochzaka, Nora Bumanis, Colin Ryan, David Hoyt, Donald Plumb, Brian Jones, Susan Flook, Neria Mayer, Mikkio Kohjitani, John Taylor, Donald Hyder
Springwater School in Starland County, Alberta, Canada was used as a set.
External links