|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, USA|
Bynari is a company based in Dallas, developing server and email software mainly known for its Insight Family containing a cheap email server being able to use similar to an Microsoft Exchange server with Outlook.
Development of the products is a joint effort with various OEM partners.
Insight Family 
Bynari’s products consist of:
- Insight Server is an email server that supports Linux and SCO’s Open Server operating systems.
- Insight Connector provides Outlook sharing for IMAP servers like Cyrus IMAP server, Courier Mail Server, Kolab and Insight Server.
- Insight Addressbook allows Outlook contacts sharing with LDAP servers.
- Insight Client is the web mail client, provides web browser access and shares calendars, contacts, folders and tasks with desktop clients.
Insight Server 
Insight Server, formerly known as TradeXCH, is mostly a suite of many open source applications using components of Cyrus IMAP, Exim, Postfix, Berkeley DB, OpenLDAP, Apache, and ProFTP. Bynari has developed a web interface for administrating the different applications.
It was the first commercial web server based on the open source software Kolab version 1. A version based on Kolab 2 was canceled, because of Kolab's change of storing the data. It also uses Spamassassin, Clamav, and AMaViS for security. It conforms to open standards: syncML, GroupDAV, Caldav, and Webdav. The middleware products are developed by Bynari and provide groupware sharing with calendars, contacts, and tasks.
Insight Connector 
The Insight Connector is a server which works like a Microsoft Exchange server, but using IMAP and a Microsoft Outlook plugin. The server also supports MAPI Message Store Provider and thus being able to edit and change the groupware-Data "live and online" using any IMAP server. The server is also used by IBM serving over 4.600 companies.
- von Hagen, Bill (15 March 2002). "Bynari Compatability [sic]: Linux Software Vendor Provides Exchange Emulation". LinuxPlanet. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- Seltzer, Larry (27 August 2002). "Outlook is bleak for competition". ZDnet. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- www.bynari.net - Insight Server...more than a Linux E mail Server
- www.bynari.net - Insight Connector for calendar sharing
- www.bynari.net - Insight AddressBook: address book software
- www.bynari.net - Insight WebClient: web mail client
- GrahammerFeilner, Thomas (2003). Verständnisvoll (in German) 3. Linux Magazin. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- Feilner, Markus (18 January 2008). "Bynari erstellt neuen Kolab-Konnector für Outlook" (in German). Linux Magazin. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- "IBM bags 10 new Linux customers". ComputerWire. The Register. 12 August 2002. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- Shankland, Stephen (7 August 2002). "Server sellers bang Linux drum". CNET. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
Further reading 
- Böttger, Christian (2003). "Es muss nicht immer Outlook sein". iX (in German) (Heinz Heise) 4: 48–56.
- Böttger, Christian (2010). "Groupware en miniature". iX (in German) (Heinz Heise) 4: 74–80.