|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
||This article possibly contains original research. (April 2014)|
|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2014)|
|Last appearance||Bishupal Bodh|
|Created by||Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay|
|Portrayed by||Uttam Kumar
Sushant Singh Rajput
Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay wrote 33(32 complete and 1 incomplete) stories in between 1932 to 1970.originally 1st story published Pother Kanta (1932) পথের কাঁটা but the series of Byomkesh Bakshi started Satyanveshi (1932) সত্যান্বেষী.comlete list of stories
1.Satyanveshi (1932) সত্যান্বেষী
2.Pother Kanta (1932) পথের কাঁটা
3.Seemanto-heera (1932) সীমন্ত-হীরা
4.Makorshar Rosh (1933) মাকড়সার রস
5.Arthamanartham (1933) অর্থমনর্থম্
6.Chorabali (1933) চোরাবালি
7.Agnibaan (1935) অগ্নিবাণ
8.Uposonghaar (1935) উপসংহার
9.Roktomukhi Neela (1936) রক্তমুখী নীলা
10.Byomkesh O Boroda (1936) ব্যোমকেশ ও বরদা
11.Chitrochor (1951) চিত্রচোর
12.Durgo-rahasyo (1952) দুর্গরহস্য
13.Chiriyakhana (1953) চিড়িয়াখানা
14.Adim Ripu (1955) আদিম রিপু
15.Banhi-patanga (1956) বহ্নি-পতঙ্গ
16.Rokter Daag (1956) রক্তের দাগ
17.Monimondon (1958) মণিমন্ডন
18.Amriter Mrityu (1959) অমৃতের মৃত্যু
19.Shailo Rahasya (1959) শৈলরহস্য
20.Achin Pakhi (1960) অচিন পাখি
21.Kohen Kobi Kalidas (1961) কহেন কবি কালিদাস
22.Adrishyo Trikon (1961) অদৃশ্য ত্রিকোণ
23.Khunji Khunji Nari (1961) খুঁজি খুঁজি নারি
24.Adwitiyo (1961) অদ্বিতীয়
25.Mognomoinak (1963) মগ্নমৈনাক
26.Dushtochokro (1963) দুষ্টচক্র
27.Henyalir Chhondo (1964) হেঁয়ালির ছন্দ
28.Room Nombor Dui (1964) রুম নম্বর দুই
29.Chholonar Chhondo (1965) ছলনার ছন্দ
30.Shojarur Kanta (1967) শজারুর কাঁটা
31.Benishonghar (1968) বেণীসংহার
32.Lohar Biskut (1969) লোহার বিস্কুট
33.Bishupal Bodh (incomplete) (1970) বিশুপাল বধ (অসমাপ্ত)  .
In other media
Byomkesh Bakshi stories are adopted into several media, like-
- Chiriyakhana a.k.a. The Zoo (1967) directed by Satyajit Ray and produced by Harendranath Bhattacharjya of Star Productions was the first screen adaptation of the sleuth's cases. Uttam Kumar had played the role of Byomkesh Bakshi while Shailen Mukherjee played the character of Ajit. The film boasted an ensemble cast of contemporary actors. Uttam Kumar, playing Bakshi, and director Satyajit Ray won a National Award.
- Shajarur Kanta (1974) directed by actress-turned-director Manju Dey and produced by Star Productions was the second film of the Bakshi series. Satindra Bhattacharya replaced Uttam Kumar as Bakshi and Rajarshi Mukherjee played his role as Ajit.
- Magno Mainak (2009) directed by Swapan Ghosal and produced by New Wave Communications was the third film of the Bakshi series. Subhrajit Dutta acted as Bakshi while Shailen Mukherjee played his role as Ajit.
- Byomkesh Bakshi (2010) was the first installment of the Byomkesh film trilogy directed by singer-songwriter-actor-director Anjan Dutt and produced by R P Techvision Pvt Ltd. The film was released on 13 August 2010. This movie was scheduled be followed by the other two film-adaptations of Chitrochor and Kohen Kobi Kalidas.
- Abar Byomkesh (2012) was the second film adaption of the Byomkesh film trilogy . In the film, Abir Chatterjee plays Bakshi while Ushoshi Chakrabarty plays Satyboti. The character of Ajit is played by Saswata Chatterjee.
- Satyanweshi (2013) directed by Rituporno Ghosh. It is adapted from the novel Chorabali, Sujoy Ghosh playing the lead Role. The film released on 5 Sep 2013 .
- In the early 80s Kolkata Doordarshan produced several episodes of Byomkesh Bakshi where Ajoy Ganguly acted as Byomkesh.
- Byomkesh Bakshi (1993) directed by Basu Chatterjee was the critically acclaimed television adaptation of the series. Actor Rajit Kapur played the role of Byomkesh Bakshi, for which he was highly praised. Ajit was played by K.K. Raina and Satyaboti was played by Sukanya Kulkarni who was the first actress to play the character. The series had 33 episodes.
- Byomkesh Bakshi (2004) directed by Swapan Ghoshal was the second television adaptation of the series also aired on Doordarshan. Actor Sudip Mukherjee debuted with the role of Byomkesh Bakshi. Debdut Ghosh played the role of Ajit while Satyaboti was played by Maitreyi Mitra.
- Byomkesh (2007) was also directed by Swapan Ghosal, who collaborated with Tara Muzik (a private Bengali T. V. channel). Actor Saptarshi Roy has played Bakshi while Ajit and Satyaboti were played by two lesser-known actors.
- Byomkesh Bakshi has been mentioned in the 2014 episode "The Mommy Observation" of the US TV series The Big Bang Theory. The character Bernadette Maryann Rostenkowski-Wolowitz refers Bakshi as Indian Sherlock Holmes while Raj Koothrappali refers Sherlock as the English Byomkesh Bakshi.
Byomkesh Bakshi (Hindi)
- "Comparing Byomkesh Bakshi to Sherlock Holmes | Byomkesh.com – ব্যোমকেশ.কম". Byomkesh.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Sherlock Holmes of India: Byomkesh Bakshi, Jayeet Sen, Northwestern State University of Louisiana, 2004
- Pinaki Roy's The Manichean Investigators: A Postcolonial and Cultural Rereading of the Sherlock Holmes and Byomkesh Bakshi Stories, published by the New Delhi-based Sarup Book Publishers in 2008 (ISBN 978-81-7625-849-4).