Byron Elmer Grote (born March 8, 1948 ) is an American businessman, a main board director of BP since 2002. He has been with the company since 1987, following their acquisition of Standard Oil of Ohio where he had worked since 1979.
Grote's annual salary from BP is $1,340,000. In 2008 his bonus from BP was $1,742,000.
After BP acquired the Standard Oil minority, he was appointed in 1988 as commercial-vice president for the company's Alaskan production activities. He moved to London soon after to become commercial general manager for BP Exploration.
In 1992 he became group treasurer and chief executive officer of BP Finance, before moving to Colombia as regional chief executive. In 1995 he returned to London to become deputy chief executive officer of BP Exploration.
In 1999, after the merger of BP and Amoco, he was executive vice-president for Exploration and Production.
In January 2012, he became executive vice president of corporate business activities.
He is also a member of BP's board of directors.
- "Notice of BP Annual Meeting 2010 - Dr. Byron Grote biography
- Byron Grote article - NNDB
- Cornell University Alumni Listing - Cf. Byron Grote MS 67 JGSM, PhD 81 JGSM.
- "Byron E. Grote Profile". Forbes.com. Forbes. Retrieved 8 August 2009.
- "Dr Byron E Grote: Non-Executive Director" - Unilever director biography
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|