Cover of the first light novel
|Genre||Action, Comedy, Harem, Romance, Supernatural|
|Written by||Hazuki Minase|
|Published by||ASCII Media Works|
|Original run||September 10, 2007 – June 7, 2013|
|Written by||Tsukako Akina|
|Published by||ASCII Media Works|
|Original run||April 2011 – ongoing|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Shin Ōnuma|
|Written by||Michiko Yokote|
|Network||AT-X, BS11, Chiba TV, KBS Kyoto, Sun TV, Tokyo MX, TV Aichi, TV Kanagawa, TV Saitama|
|Original run||October 1, 2011 – December 17, 2011|
|Original video animation|
|Directed by||Shin Ōnuma|
|Written by||Michiko Yokote|
|Released||April 25, 2012|
C³, also known as C Cube (シーキューブ Shīkyūbu ) or Cube×Cursed×Curious, is a Japanese light novel series written by Hazuki Minase and illustrated by Sasorigatame about Haruaki Yachi who receives a mysterious black cube from his father. That night, Haruaki is woken by a noise and finds a nude girl named Fear in his kitchen eating rice crackers. Haruaki then has to protect Fear from organizations that seek to capture or destroy her. Luckily, Haruaki has plenty of other friends like Fear willing to help. It was adapted into a manga and anime series at the second half of 2011.
The story begins with high-school student Yachi Haruaki receiving a mysterious package, a super-heavy black cube from his father overseas. That night, Haruaki wakes to a suspicious noise in the kitchen and discovers a cute-looking stark-naked female thieving rice crackers. After the embarrassing moment, the girl presents herself. Her name is Fear (pronounced "Fia" in Japanese), and is the first of several surprises that Haruaki is to receive.
- Haruaki Yachi (夜知 春亮 Yachi Haruaki )
- Voiced by: Yūki Kaji
- The male protagonist, whose father has a habit of sending him cursed artifacts to remove the curses within as he is immune to them. Due to the fact that his mother was never seen or mentioned in the series and his father is traveling, he developed a talent in cooking. He has a very stubborn but friendly personality, and does not hesitate when it comes to protecting his friends. Haruaki is somewhat aware of Konoha's feelings for him, but apparently isn't aware of Ueno's feelings.
- Fear Cubrick (フィア・キューブリック Fia Kyūburikku )
- Voiced by: Yukari Tamura
- The female protagonist who cannot do advanced math or understand the concept of weather over the ocean. She's actually a fictitious device called Fear In Cube, a terrible torture device with multiple functions such as a guillotine, an Iron Maiden, a giant drill, and more. It is never specified how many functions Fear has embedded in her. Developed during the height of the Inquisitions, Fear has caused countless people's agonizing deaths to the point she'll go homicidally insane upon hearing someone scream in pain. Eventually she develops a curse of her own, causing anyone who owns her to go completely insane. Due to her extended time in the depths of a Spanish castle Fear has also developed animosity for spiders, as they often built cobwebs around her original form. For this reason she prefers to stay in her human form. Ever since Konoha encountered Fear with Haruaki for the first time, the former began to view Fear as a love rival for Haruaki's affections. Fear returns this animosity by constantly making fun of Konoha's large breasts; calling her "Cow Udders", partly due to Fear's own insecurity about her breast size. Her favorite catchphrase is "I'll put a curse on you". Fear also has an incredibly strong addiction to rice crackers.
- Konoha Muramasa (村正 このは Muramasa Konoha )
- Voiced by: Minori Chihara
- A childhood friend of Haruaki. Like Fear, she is a "cursed tool" who gained a will through the pain and hate that had long surrounded her. Konoha's curse is that her wielder also suffers from the injuries she creates on any opponent, partly due to her intense hemophilia. When Konoha's hemophilia kicks in, she sometimes begins to revert into a homicidal personality similar to Fear. To prevent this, when Haruaki fights using her sword form he keeps the blade in its sheath. Her ability Killing Counter allows the wielder to focus on the enemy's movements, find an opening, and destroy the enemy's weapon by striking weak points. Fear often refers to Konoha as "Cow Udders", due to her large breasts. Due to her longtime crush on Haruaki, a running gag in the series is that whenever Konoha hears or sees Haruaki doing anything sexually suggestive with another girl, she either gets enraged (and breaks something) or intervenes and reprimands Haruaki.
- Kirika Ueno (上野 錐霞 Ueno Kirika )
- Voiced by: Eri Kitamura
- Student Body President and classmate of Haruaki. She has two cursed tools called Ginistrnag's Love, a bdsm-style outfit that when worn the user does not die from any injuries, but in exchange the user will die if it is removed and therefore has to wear it forever. The other, The River of Black Strings, has the ability to expand and contract in order to bind or subjugate opponents. Its curse is to make the user want to hurt or kill somebody. Kirika usually satisfies the curse by killing herself and coming back to life. She used to be part of an organization called Nightcrawlers, along with her older brother. She has a crush on Haruaki, and (for some strange reason, as Haruaki puts it) often competes with him over whose cooking is better after class.
- Kuroe Ningyouhara (人形原 黒絵 Ningyōhara Kuroe )
- Voiced by: Yui Ogura
- A cursed doll who has recently returned to Haruaki's house. She has a very friendly and calm personality, and is very direct in her communication. Kuroe can freely control her hair for many purposes, manipulate life energy to speed up the natural healing process of others, and also owns a beauty parlor. While not specifically given a "title" for her capabilities, Kuroe's original curse was that she would attempt to kill or leech energy from her owner until he/she dies. Kuroe can be very perverted at times, as she once intruded on Haruaki and Fear with a video camera thinking they were about to have sex (Haruaki was actually putting an Indulgence Disk into Fear at the time.)
Taishuu High School
- Shiraho Sakuramairi (桜参 白穂 Sakuramairi Shiraho )
- Voiced by: Chiwa Saitō
- A former talented performer in a famous theatrical group whose family owns an antique shop. She was once lonely and cold-hearted, but after her father introduced Sovereignty to her, she gradually falls in love with her/him. She initially posed herself as Sovereignty when she first met Haruaki and his friends but was revealed to be the real Shiraho when they visited her house. Shiraho rarely, if at all, attended classes at Haruaki's high school up until Sovereignty got his/her Killing Organ destroyed.
- Sovereignty (サヴェレンティ Saverenti )
- Voiced by: Yuka Iguchi
- Her/his true name is Sovereignty-Perfection-Doll. An androgynous cursed doll (which Shiraho refers to as a male) who causes her/his target to fall in love with her/him. She/he possesses a killing mechanism called Killing Organ with blades hidden in her/his body, specially designed to activate only when it detects a certain level of love from the owner. Sovereignty also has the ability to control "replicas of life", by stating: "I speak with sovereign right. All wooden models of life are my subjects. Obey! Obey me!" After Konoha uses her special ability to destroy the Killing Organ after Fear draws it out, she/he is hired as the superintendent's maid. A running gag in the series is that Sovereignty is a major klutz in female mode.
- Gabriel Sekaibashi (世界橋 ガブリエル Sekaibashi Gaburieru )
- Voiced by: Shūichi Ikeda
- The eccentric superintendent of Taishuu High School who wears a face mask for unknown reasons. Gabriel constantly spins different stories as to why he wears the mask, but Fear and Shiraho just think he's perverted. His interest is in collecting what he thinks are cursed objects, however he claims that Haruaki's father is far ahead of him in identifying them.
- Zenon Hojo (北条 漸音 Hōjō Zenon )
- Voiced by: Ai Orikasa
- The superintendent's secretary who has a deadpan personality. However, she has a soft spot for cute things, as her cellphone ringtone is a jingle in the series' fictional children's show called "Meow Meow Paradise Hell".
- Ganon Hojo (北条 ガノン Hōjō Ganon )
- Voiced by: Kotono Mitsuishi
- The (incredibly lazy) school nurse of Taishuu High School, who is Zenon's sister.
- Taizo Hakuto (伯途 泰造 Hakuto Taizō )
- Voiced by: Takuma Terashima
- Haruaki's friend and classmate. While not as eccentric as Kana, Taizo gets extremely jealous when he discovers Fear is living with Haruaki.
- Kana Miyama (実耶麻 渦奈 Miyama Kana )
- Voiced by: Kana Asumi
- Kana is another classmate of Haruaki. She takes an instant liking to Fear, constantly obsessing over her like she's a cute animal.
- Peavey Barowoi (ピーヴィー・バロヲイ Pīvī Barōi )
- Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara
- Known as the Balancing Toy, Peavey is a member of the Battlefront Collection Knights. Because of a traumatic childhood experience involving a serial killer slaughtering her family with a Worse (later revealed to be Ueno's "River of Black Strings"), Peavey became a masochistic, violent woman. Her only goal in life is to destroy all cursed tools, hence why she joined the Battlefront Collection Knights. Even Mummy Maker states that Peavey has by far the most hatred for Worse out of anyone in the organization. She has a habit of calling out Bitch and is a heavy smoker. Peavey is eventually captured by Ueno after she attacks Haruaki and company for the second time.
- Amanda Carlot (アマンダ・カーロット Amanda Kārotto ) aka Mummy Maker (マミーメーカー Mamī Mēkā )
- Voiced by: MAKO
- An Auxiliary who often speaks like a machine, Mummy Maker aids Peavey in her missions. She attempted to convince Haruaki to either turn over Fear to the Battlefront Collection Knights, or to not interfere when Peavey returns to destroy her. Upon hearing about her proposal Peavey kills her in rage, claiming there is no compromise and that she will have revenge.
- Alice Vivolio Basskreigh (アリス・ビブオーリオ・バスクリッハ Arisu Bibuōrio Basukurihha )
- Voiced by: Rie Tanaka
- Alice, also known as the "Mother of Canonical", is the founder of the Vivolio Families, an organization that adores the curses of the Worse and sacrifices their members to them. Alice originally hoped to talk Kuroe into joining the Vivolio families, but after she discovers Fear in Cube she turns her attention to making Fear join the Vivolio families instead. Alice carries two cursed tools: Carnival Cooker and Suicidal-Beautification-Mirror. The former can remember any action it has taken and reenact the process again. The latter has three uses: the ability to make the user beautiful, render a target immobile and create countless clones of herself. The drawbacks to using the mirror is that Alice must cut herself every once in a while, and the clones only last for 10 minutes. The drawback to Carnival Cooker is that since it was used to chop up and cook human bodies, its curse forces the user to cannibalize on anyone he/she kills with it. Alice often hides Carnival Cooker inside a massive viola, as she claims it would attract too much attention from the police if she walked around with it in the open.
- Sunao Himura (日村 素直 Himura Sunao )
- Voiced by: Shinichiro Miki
- A member of the Laboratory Emirate and Kirika Ueno's partner. He poses as a teacher at Taishō High School often using his superior position to torment Ueno by constantly goading and flirting with her, much to her disgust. Most confrontations between the two usually lead to Ueno hitting him or nearly choking him to death with her River of Black Strings. His original mission was to observe and record Haruaki's attempts to dispel the curses on the Worse. Himura possesses a worse called "He in the Bastille" (named after the first person to use it), which is a large helmet that can render the user and one other person invisible.
|01||September 10, 2007||ISBN 978-4-8402-3975-2|
|02||January 10, 2008||ISBN 978-4-8402-4143-4|
|03||April 10, 2008||ISBN 978-4-04-867023-4|
|04||August 10, 2008||ISBN 978-4-04-867178-1|
|05||December 10, 2008||ISBN 978-4-04-867422-5|
|06||March 10, 2009||ISBN 978-4-04-867597-0|
|07||July 10, 2009||ISBN 978-4-04-867899-5|
|08||November 10, 2009||ISBN 978-4-04-868143-8|
|09||March 10, 2010||ISBN 978-4-04-868397-5|
|10||September 10, 2010||ISBN 978-4-04-868879-6|
|11||April 10, 2011||ISBN 978-4-04-870421-2|
|12||October 10, 2011||ISBN 978-4-04-870957-6|
|13||December 10, 2011||ISBN 978-4-04-886246-2|
|14||July 10, 2012||ISBN 978-4-04-886707-8|
|15||October 10, 2012||ISBN 978-4-04-886982-9|
|16||March 10, 2013||ISBN 978-4-04-891433-8|
|17||June 7, 2013||ISBN 978-4-04-891677-6|
An anime television adaptation of C³ was announced in the April 2011 issue of ASCII Media Works's Dengeki AnimeStyle pamphlet. The series was produced by StarChild and Silver Link under the direction of Shin Ōnuma with Michiko Yokote as script supervisor. The opening theme song for the 8 first episodes is "Endless Story" performed by Yukari Tamura and the ending theme song is "Hana" (雪華?, "Snow Flower") performed by Eri Kitamura. From episode 9 onwards, the opening theme is "Shirushi" (紋?, "Sign") by Eri Kitamura and the ending theme is "Sympathy of Love" by Yukari Tamura. Funimation licensed the series in North America.
|01||"I don’t know what moved into my futon"
"Futon ni Utsuru Mono o Shiranai" (布団に移るものを知らない)
|October 1, 2011|
|The story begins when a high school student named Yachi Haruaki receives a mysterious, super-heavy blue cube from his father overseas. That night, Haruaki wakes up to a suspicious noise in the kitchen, and he discovers a fully naked female thief of rice crackers. The girl in question, named Fear, tells him that she is a cursed tool.|
|02||"Where, What, Something"
"Doko ni, Nani o, Nani ka" (どこに、なにを、なにか)
|October 8, 2011|
|The episode starts with Fear opening a box Containing several items. Haruaki tells her that she is going to be transferred to Haruaki's school together with Haruaki and Konoha, much to Konoha's disdain. Fear's appearance immediately starts an uproar in the school. After letting the entire class in on the fact she knows Haruaki, he gets questioned as to the relationship between the two. Fear, on the other hand, deals with several clubs trying to pressure her into joining them. After school ends, Fear reflects on the hectic first day, and along with Haruaki and Konoha, decides to take a detour to a lookout point by the ocean. A happy moment there turns dangerous when they are attacked by Peavey Barowoi, a sadistic woman from an organization dedicated to exterminating the cursed tools, specifically Fear in Cube.|
|03||"The Antinomy of Their Temperatures"
"Karera no Ondo no Niritsuhaihan" (彼らの温度の二律背反)
|October 15, 2011|
|Fear loses control in the fight with Peavey Barowoi and attacks Haruaki. Feeling that she has been foolish to believe that she could actually lift her curse she runs away and attempts to kill herself. Meanwhile, Konoha tends Haruaki's wound and reminds him what it was like for her adjusting to being human and coming to terms with both her good and evil sides. Fear, on the other hand, is caught wandering through town by Ueno, who she attacks blindly in an alleyway before coming to her senses and fleeing. After several hours of searching, Haruaki manages to find Fear after she has jumped into the ocean during a storm and carries her home on his back, explaining to her that she is welcome to stay with him no matter what and that he truly believes she can lift her curse. Because of this, he will put up with her selfishness. Later, an incident in the bath provokes Konoha into moving in with Haruaki.|
|04||"At Night, a Mother and a Hugging Pillow"
"Yoru ni wa Hahaoya to Dakimakura o" (夜には母親と抱き枕を)
|October 22, 2011|
|Mummy Maker comes to the house to strike a deal with Haruaki, Konoha and Fear while Kirika is there. She promises to return at noon the following day to destroy Fear, and that they have until then to decide.. Konoha, however, instructs Fear not fight because she is too dangerous. Meanwhile, a vengeful Peavey decides enough is enough and unveils a massive axe Worse named "Dance Time." By viciously slaughtering Mummy Maker after learning of her offer, Peavey activates Dance Time's curse (The user won't stop fighting with the axe until the enemy is dead even if the user dies). When Peavey shows up Haruaki and Konoha go up against her alone until Fear, sidelined by Konoha's demand, exclaims that she is "very selfish" and enters the fight.|
|05||"Even If I'm Cursed"
"Tatoe Norowarete mo" (たとえ呪われても)
|October 29, 2011|
|The three friends retreat into the house to give Haruaki some time to rest. They are unaware that Kirika has come to visit so she falls hostage to Peavey. With teamwork, the trio manages to back Peavey into a corner, but she manages to slaughter Kirika before Haruaki can stop her. However, Kirika manages to survive the attack and uses a cursed tool in her possession to help finish off a shocked Peavey. As Peavey fears her own death, she cries out for an auxiliary from the Organization, specifically Mummy Maker, but then realizes that there is no one to help because she herself killed Mummy Maker. Fear promptly breaks her only arm using her Crushing Frankish Kingdom Punishment Wheel configuration, leaving her unconscious. At the end of the episode Kirika reveals to them that she is in possession of two cursed tools against her will: Ginstrnags Love, which ensures that she will never die in return for her heart (meaning that she can never take it off), and "The River of Black Strings", an extendable black ribbon that curses its owner with an insatiable desire to kill others.|
|06||"Weak, Like a Spherical Glass"
"Kyūkei Garasu ni Nite Zeijaku na" (球形硝子に似て脆弱な)
|November 5, 2011|
|Superintendent Gabriel calls Yachi, Fear and Konoha to look for a lost cursed tool that was in the form of a doll. He assigns them this task after several students in the school suffered strange illnesses after encounters with this doll. Eventually, the trio tracks down Sovereignty, the Worse responsible for the situation inside of the sewing room. However, before the group manages to catch her with the help of Shiraho, Sovereignty escapes into the night. Later, Shiraho, Fear, and Haruaki discuss what Sovereignty may do next, and hope to convince her to try and break her curse with Haruaki's help. Haruaki by chance encounters Sovereignty again, and attempts to convince her to live at his house and break her curse to no avail.|
|07||"Not Reflected in the Eyes of a Seer"
"Yokensha no Me ni Utsuranai" (予見者の眼に映らない)
|November 12, 2011|
|Konoha becomes the next victim of Sovereignty. As she recovers in Haruaki's house, Konoha creates an awkward moment when she grabs Haruaki and pulls him into her futon with his hand on her breasts. Startled, Haruaki manages to slip out when she falls asleep, only to end up in an even more embarrassing situation. Meanwhile, Kirika becomes angry because Haruaki is keeping information from her after remembering she wanted him to forget about who she really was. After Konoha recovers they investigate the situation further. After Shiraho disappears as well, the four students (Ueno decides to get involved) ask the school nurse for Shiraho's address who hands them the file. Upon looking at Shiraho's file, it is discovered that Shiraho was actually the woman who claimed to be Sovereignty, causing the group to realize the girl who was pretending to Shiraho may be Sovereignty. Afraid they are running out of time, the four friends rush to Shiraho's residince only to find their suspicions confirmed. Sovereignty, suffering from its curse, has pinned Shiraho to a wall with one of its blades. Fear and Ueno force Sovereignty off Shiraho, but things only get worse when Sovereignty unwillingly rushes Haruaki with the blade instead. Ueno takes the blow, however, and Sovereignty flees in a terrified state. The group is left with Shiraho, who explains that Sovereignty's true curse is that the owner will fall in love with him/her, fatally.|
|08||"Like an Inescapable Curse"
"Nogareenu Noroi no yō na" (逃れ得ぬ呪いのような)
|November 19, 2011|
|After Shiraho tells the story of how she met Sovereignty, Fear, Konoha and Ueno devise a plan to put an end to the issue. Since Sovereignty carries a phone thanks to Shiraho, Fear calls it, and sadistically claims she will torture Shiraho to death if Sovereignty does not confront her at Shiraho's house. When the time arrives, Fear goes mad and viciously fights Sovereignty along with Ueno while a dumbfounded Haruaki (who wasn't told anything) has Konoha's blade form at Shiraho's throat. Eventually, through psychological torture and a giant body stretcher, Fear manages to draw out all of Sovereignty's hidden blades allowing Haruaki and Konoha to destroy them using Konoha's Deadly Sword Crossover technique. Tearfully, Shiraho and Sovereignty embrace, with Sovereignty's dream of embracing Shiraho fulfilled. Later, after getting called down to the Superintendent's office, Shiraho is absolved from any wrongdoing while Sovereignty is made into Zenon's assistant/maid (in female mode, of course). Fear also obtains another Indulgence Disc from Sovereignty that was apparently embedded in the Killing Organ.|
|09||"The Returnee Seems Somehow Strange"
"Kikansha wa Dokoka Fushigi na" (帰還者は何処か不思議な)
|November 26, 2011|
|While Fear is home alone practicing her dance for the athletic festival, Haruaki and Konoha are out shopping. After a few frustrated failures, Fear storms inside only to discover a spider is lurking in the house. As Fear tries to hunt it, a large creature captures her causing her to scream. Haruaki hears and rushes in only to find Fear being suspended in the air by the hair of a former lodger at his house, Kuroe Ningyouhara. After an awkward reconciliation, Kuroe explains that she came back to town deciding she will open up her old hair salon. Kuroe also reveals she has been targeted by a strange group, which is met with the timely arrival of Alice. Alice introduces herself as a member of the Vivolio Families, stating she simply wants to invite Kuroe to stay with her. Upon recognizing Fear in Cube, however, Alice shifts to trying to get her to join instead of Kuroe. Fear promptly rejects, causing Alice to take her leave. As she leaves the grounds, Alice declares she'll try to invite Fear to the Vivolio Families once more. Meanwhile, Ueno discovers that her partner from the research organization is responsible for releasing Sovereignty and causing the incident. Later that day Haruaki and company hand out flyers announcing the reopening of Kuroe's hair salon. As the group hands out flyers, Haruaki explains to Fear that Kuroe managed to break her curse when she discovered she had a natural talent for hair styling. As the store readies to reopen, a crowd of onlookers and Kuroe's fans show up, all giving gifts to the town's idol including Zenon, Shiraho and Sovereignty. As customers begin to flow into the store, Haruaki, Fear and Konoha begin helping out. As the day winds down, Alice returns to the shop just to get her hair styled by Kuroe. However, as she leaves the store, she announces to the group: "I'm the culprit."|
|10||"The Sadist is Nowhere to be Found"
"Shigyakusha wa Doko ni mo Inai" (嗜虐者は何処にもいない)
|December 3, 2011|
|In the middle of the night, Kirika is woken by a phone call from her partner Himura. He informs her that she is not to get involved with the Vivolio Families, which Kirika questions. The next day, Fear is out practicing for the Athletic Festival when she gets frustrated again and starts arguing with Konoha again. Kuroe chimes in, mocking Konoha's large breasts and leading Fear to form the "Ladyboob" Alliance in order to antagonize her. The argument ends, however, when the group hears news of a murder in town. Later at school, Fear overhears Taizo and Haruaki talking about the murder, when Taizo explains that the victim was crushed into the shape of a box. This unnerves Fear, who later explains that this may be Alice's way of trying to force Fear to join the Vivolio Families. Haruaki and company track her down to a diner, but Alice refuses to divulge anything as to the crime and leaves. Fear, Haruaki and Konoha promptly give chase, leading the two to an abandoned house. After a two minute battle in which Alice unveils the cursed tool "Carnival Cooker", she tears down the house on the trio. Konoha cuts her way out of the rubble while Fear protects Haruaki inside of her Brazen Bull configuration, the Howling Steel Ox. The next day, Fear goes to request Ueno's help in tracking Alice, but before she can ask Ueno politely declines. Shortly afterwards, while Haruaki and Ueno are working on paper work for the Athletic Festival Ueno collapses and a panicking Haruaki carries her to the infirmary. Ueno wakes up shortly after and against Haruaki's insistance to stay in bed asks to head back home. Nurse Ganon arranges for a taxi to take them back, where Ueno invites Haruaki inside. In her house, Haruaki asks if Kirika is hiding anything from him and says that it is OK to tell him since the two are "partners" in Haruaki's opinion. The request moves Ueno, who promptly asks Haruaki to watch what she has been "blackmailed" to do. Meanwhile, Fear runs out to Kuroe's salon, only to find a very suspicious situation. Going back to Ueno and Haruaki, Ueno takes off her school uniform and asks a speechless Haruaki to watch as she painfully strangles herself and breaks several bones in her body with her River of Black Strings. After a short while, Ueno is revived by Ginastronte's Love, and explains to Haruaki that River of Black Strings forces its user to injure others. However, Kirika satisfies the curse by what she calls "a repulsive form of playing alone". Haruaki then compliments her kindness, saying Ueno truly cares about her friends by letting herself suffer this way. Haruaki then asks Ueno if she will give River of Black Strings to him instead, as the curse won't affect him. Ueno refuses, claiming that she'd be a "useless immortal" without it. Haruaki accepts this reason, and promptly leaves with a kind goodbye. Ueno then blushes, happy that Haruaki is kind enough to understand and accept her even though what her curses do to her. Later that night, Haruaki finds Fear outside of one of the appliance stores watching the news. As another murder is revealed on TV, Fear explains that the victims were both customers at Kuroe's salon. This prompts Fear to implicate Kuroe as the culprit.|
|11||"The Fanatic is Somewhere"
"Kyōshinja wa Dokoka ni Iru" (狂信者は何処かにいる)
|December 10, 2011|
|Ueno shows at the Yaichi residence, finally deciding to get involved with the situation. She begins breaking down the information that the group knows so far. However, Fear interrupts and pins the murders on Kuroe due to suspicion and runs off to her room when Haruaki interjects. Ueno promptly asks Kuroe for an explanation, to which she states that she knew the hair was of the deceased and ate it both in spirit of mourning the dead and also to replenish her special abilities. Shortly afterward, Alice returns and lures Fear and Konoha outside, while Ueno, Haruaki and Kuroe are still in the house. Ueno immediately figures out Alice was splitting the group up, and is proven correct when Alice renders Kuroe immobile with her Beautiful-Suicide Mirror, and kidnaps the three of them with a blade to Haruaki's neck. Alice later explains in a video message to Fear that her only wish is to become Fear's family to her, a being that isn't even human. Declaring all Worse as "Transcendental", Alice exclaims that Worse and their curses are above humans and that its OK for them to satisfy their curses on them. Alice then reveals that all those who had died are actually members of the Vivolio Families, which was the point in common. Ueno then asks as to why parts of their corpses were removed, to which Alice reveals Carnival Cooker forces its user to eat anyone they kill, making Alice a cannibal. Upon the video's end, Fear and Konoha immediately refuse Alice's offer. Suddenly a bruised and cut up Ueno is heard crashing through the glass. It is revealed that her partner from the lab snuck in and saved Kirika using a worse called "He in the Bastille", a spiked helmet that causes the wearer to become practically unnoticeable in any way. Himura then tasers a visibly angered Ueno and takes her from Alice. When Kirika wakes up in Himura's car, she questions Himura's role only for him to explain that the whole situation is observe only for him, as he cares more about research. Kirika retorts, complaining that she feels like just a tool, prompting Himura to agree and accept that fact. Kirika finally snaps at this, declaring she's fed up with the Laboratory Emirate and forces Himura to crash his car. As Ueno finishes her explanation to Fear and Konoha as to what happened, she asks what they think of Haruaki's powers. Dumbfounded, the two girls think at first it is his personality and cooking prowess, only for Ueno to laugh and say it is his friends.|
|12||"The Transcendentals are Everywhere"
"Chōetsusha wa Dokonidemo Iru" (超越者は何処にでもいる)
|December 17, 2011|
Fear, Konoha and Ueno finally confront Alice, and a vicious battle between the groups ensues. Alice easily holds off Fear and Konoha, while a distraught Haruaki decides enough is enough and pulls his hands through the handcuffs causing him to bleed profusely. Haruaki then carries the still immobile Kuroe off, asking her to heal him after the fight ends. Haruaki reunites with the rest of the group, causing Alice to get irritated by his escape and the fact she's outnumbered. Alice then states she'll level the playing field, which Fear calls as a bluff. Alice retorts, saying she has something that turns "bluffs into reality." She pulls out her Sucicidal-Beautification Mirror and explains its three uses: To make the user beautiful, to render a person immobile, and to create polarized clones of the user that last for ten minutes each. Alice activates the latter, and creates more than a dozen clones of herself. Fear, thinking the clones will vanish if she destroys the mirror, rushes the original with her Human Body Perforation Drill configuration, only for one of the clones to intercept it and take the blow, much to Fear's horror. As the blood spills from the clone's body, Konoha's hemophilia kicks in, causing her to turn away. Fear, on the other hand, almost goes insane again because she caused the death of a human again. Alice tries to push this further with the torment until Kirika attacks Alice. Alice counters, however and immobilizes Kirika after slicing her abdomen. Taking notice of her Worse's abilities, Alice shoves her hand inside the wound and begins squeezing her organs, much to Haruaki's horror. He promptly takes Konoha's sword form and rushes Alice, but gets overwhelmed and thrown aside. At this point, Shiraho and Sovereignty appear, with the latter using her abilities to throw Kuroe into Alice's Mirror, breaking it and undoing Kuroe's immobilization. Kuroe follows up and uses her hair to capture the remaining clones, allowing Fear to continue her battle with Alice. Frustrated with this development, Alice asks Fear if she knew how much love she had for Fear. Fear retorts, saying that hurting Haruaki and making her kill a clone of her was too much and promptly disavows Alice's love for the way she used to be. Claiming that thanks to Haruaki that she could become human Fear declares this as her reason to go on living, leaving Alice unable to comprehend it all. Haruaki uses this as a distraction and promptly breaks Carnival Cooker with Konoha's sword form. With this, Fear summons one of her largest configurations she has, Configuration Number 29: Choking Sacred Image, Steel Virgin Mary. Declaring that she wants to be human, Fear activates the Iron Maiden and entraps Alice in it. As Alice is pulled into the Steel Virgin Mary, she asks why she would become a weak, foolish human. Fear responds, claiming Alice is right, but states that she wants to be happy like humans as well. Fear exclaims for that reason, she sees humans as the true Transcendentals. As the doors close on the Iron Maiden, Alice tearfully screams, saying "humans didn't save me then...what saved me then was...that's why even the idea that humans are transcendental is..." before getting shut into the Iron Maiden. As the sun rises, a battered and cut Alice has her back to the ocean. Stating that they should almost be here, Alice jumps off into the sea, only to get caught by a passerby in a boat. Fear, seeing this, fires off one last attack to stop her along with Kuroe, but both attacks are intercepted by the two worse who are onboard. One of them, Abyss, tells Fear that even though they fought Alice truly loves her. Abyss also reveals that two Indulgence Disks are in Carnival Cooker and the Suicidal Beautification Mirror, respectively, and Fear can have them.The next day, Haruaki is sipping tea while Fear is practicing her dance routines again, this time with Ueno's help. As Haruaki lays down, Kuroe appears and reprimands Haruaki for shoving "you know what" into Fear. This embarrasses Haruaki and irritates Ueno and Konoha as well. Haruaki, afraid of going on the subject further, asks why Kuroe isn't working at her shop. Kuroe explains that she had some errands to run, and promptly hands Fear, Konoha and Haruaki their pay for handing out flyers. Fear is hesitant at first, but takes it after Kuroe insists. An argument between Konoha and Fear ensues over how much they were paid, with Fear getting a 500 yen coin and Konoha getting 5,000 yen. Kuroe apparently held back Fear's actual pay as a joke(?), but hands her 5,000 yen after her reaction. Ueno then takes off her track suit exposing Ginastrointe's Love, complaining about the heat. This causes Haruaki to make an unexpected comment, embarrassing Ueno. Regardless, the three girls keep up the dance practice.
- "C3 -シーキューブ-". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- II". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- III". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- IV". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- V". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- VI". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- VII". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- VIII". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- IX". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- X". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- XI". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- XII". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- XIII". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- XIV". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved July 14, 2012.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- XV". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- XVI episode CLOSE／the first part". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- "C3 -シーキューブ- XVII episode CLOSE／the last part". ASCII Media Works. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Hazuki Minase's C³ (C Cube) Light Novel Series Gets Anime". Anime News Network. April 4, 2011. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "C3". StarChild. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "Episodes Page (C³)". Funimation. Archived from the original on December 31, 2011. Retrieved December 31, 2011.
- "Starchild:C3-シーキューブ- (Story)" (in Japanese). Archived from the original on December 31, 2011. Retrieved December 15, 2011.
- "C3-シーキューブ-" (in Japanese). Web Newtype. Archived from the original on October 1, 2011. Retrieved October 2, 2011.
- "番組表:C3 -シーキューブ-" [Program Guide: C3 -C Cubed-] (in Japanese). Web Newtype. Archived from the original on October 26, 2011. Retrieved November 15, 2011.